Weapon Inertia

• Apart from the numerous small bugs, the most fundamental problem with this game is the lack of different weapon inertia. A mace does not weigh or swing like a 2-handed sword. A dagger simply doesnt have the mass to provide the stopping power of an overhead mace attack. A six-foot long pike cannot do damage to a target half a foot away. Its somewhat magical and superhero-like the things you see people do in this game.

If you want to make another arcade rock-paper-scissors game, thats great. But I think what you have going here could be so much more if a slight sense of realism was added. Was every other archer back then a Legolas?

I know people will most likely come on here and talk about “balance”, but would it really be such a bad thing if the majority of people used swords, and weapons like pikes, maces etc. were considered specialty/support weapons?

• Why do people think this is a medieval warfare simulation?

• getting sick of weapons that had just begun to swing, or weapons that run out of inertia do full damage if they so much as brush past me. loved in mount and blade warband that if you moved into a sword swing before it gets any momentum it negate the attack, chivalry lacks this because it is most likely scrips, “blade touches you, full damage” rather than a warband or war of the roses style.

main reason people are taking advantage of the fecking mouse draging trick.

• i dont mind when people drag, i just hate how broken it is.
    but when people crouch overhead, realistically would have no room too effectively swing, so its bullshitly broken

• gr8 bump m8

love your drag whine too

we should date someday

• ☑ Feint thread
    ☑ Delays thread
    ☐ B0ckswings thread

• 2hander, how dare you suggest such a thing ?
    “Competitive” players be like “drags are skill, learn to parry them you noob”
    Prepare to be insulted !

Totally agree with you on the inertia problem though, I would love to see how it changes the game.

• @Monty:

getting sick of weapons that had just begun to swing, or weapons that run out of inertia do full damage if they so much as brush past me. loved in mount and blade warband that if you moved into a sword swing before it gets any momentum it negate the attack, chivalry lacks this because it is most likely scrips, “blade touches you, full damage” rather than a warband or war of the roses style.

main reason people are taking advantage of the fecking mouse draging trick.

go play warband then, scrub

• Who is it that keeps committing thread necro… srsly

• @Terminally:

Who is it that keeps committing thread necro… srsly

Heh, I didn’t even notice this time.