Worst server browser ever

• Congratulations on implementing the worst server browser I ever used.

Not only do many people (not me) have problems that servers not show up, but the player counts are completely wrong too. Mostly me (and other people who are in the game) join servers with 14+ players which turn out to be empty…
    Also you have to let it completely refresh when you get connection failed which happens on about 50% of the servers :x (Horrible usability!)

This hasn’t changed for weeks now, it really makes me stop playing the game and should be the no1 priority to be fixed…

• It’s already fixed in the new beta patch. Try it out!

• @ReMixx:

It’s already fixed in the new beta patch. Try it out!

except it is not.

I see three servers…then I crash.

• Yeah the browser REALLY irritates the hell out of me. Why they have to make so many other changes at the same time as this extremely important change, which then forces them to beta test it to make sure it’s okay, I think is a lousy decision.

Yeah, balance tweaks need to be done, other bugs need to be sorted out, but you don’t need to do all of them at once. People have been complaining about that browser forever now, but it’s taken this long to fix.

I suppose my frustration comes from the fact that if you decide to browse different options because you want to see what’s out there, after a few different selections the entire browser shuts down. I’ve already done the fixes, but they don’t seem to matter. In a sense I’m locked out of the game right now, because I wanted to see what different servers were available in the different game modes, with ‘view empty servers’ off.
    I’ve tried shutting down steam and starting it back up again, and that doesn’t fix it. It’s like you have to wait some time before it decides to work again.

Yeah the new server browser looks nice in the beta patch, but there’s 3 servers listed, and the only 1 that I saw with people in it was a duels server, which I don’t really do, and there was only a handful at that.
    After that I went back to non-beta version, with all the issues.

Stagger patches if you must, especially since balance tweaks DO need to be worked out, and maybe have a beta to see the reaction. Fixing bugs and a terrible browser could probably be implemented immediately, and should have priority.

• Bump it is STILL broken… I can’t understand that you are selling such a broken product…

• @Mashuu:

@ReMixx:

It’s already fixed in the new beta patch. Try it out!

except it is not.

I see three servers…then I crash.

If you’re having a crash (UDK.exe has stopped working) on the server browser, please make a new post here and we’ll try to figure it out. Keep in mind that trying to get server info on a blank line (null server) will cause a crash. That’s a known minor bug at the moment.

• You write “The only way to succeed is to strive to be the best” in the contact form on the main page but fail to fix a simple server browser within more than one month? Ridiculous company.

• @Listing:

You write “The only way to succeed is to strive to be the best” in the contact form on the main page but fail to fix a simple server browser within more than one month? Ridiculous company.

Because insulting them will make them work harder on your issue… If you think it’s so easy, make your own game and strive to be better than them…

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Listing:

You write “The only way to succeed is to strive to be the best” in the contact form on the main page but fail to fix a simple server browser within more than one month? Ridiculous company.

Because insulting them will make them work harder on your issue… If you think it’s so easy, make your own game and strive to be better than them…

Ridiculous premise. Let the guy vent his anger. He doesn’t want to make his own, he wants to play theirs, but he can’t, hence anger ensues (for some).