Kickvote abuse

• Please stop this nonsense : only team killers should be kickvoted. I’m tired of trolls that kick vote you when you upset them.

Please change the current system. I got repeatedly kickvoted from a server by players : uterus canon and another i don’t recall the name.

It’s annoying when you meet those trolls. They shouldn’t be allowed to kick vote spam like that. Especially when there is not a lot of people on the server, so they can’t gang up on you like that.

• But what do you suppose we do? This is the best possible solution, other than creating some kind of system that tracks team kills and such. But votekick is used for much more than that. People who swear too much, people who are unpleasant in chat, those who abuse dueling on FFA servers, those who are simply going around punching people and not killing them (its technically not team killing) therefore that would not be effective. The fact of the matter is that there is no more reasonable solution than this.

• what are you talking about?
    there are plenty of alternatives, right now kickvote is monopolized by trolls.

The alternative is : only fucking team killers should be kickvoted. This means you can’t cast a kickvote against someone who hasn’t team killed. It makes sense.

Not doing this is asking for troubles. If someone is unpleasant in chat : deal with it. It’s better to let them rant and get tired than to have innocent people killed by trolls when those trolls gets upset.

Dueling? will get fixed once the duel mode arrive.

And i’ve seen more grief with the kick vote than the opposite. Once griefers are together, they are unstoppable, they can kick whoever they want. I’ve seen duel server getting ruined because a bunch of trolls came in and kick voted everyone who was complaining about them not following rules. So it’s a double edged sword.

• @akarnir:

what are you talking about?

The alternative is : only fucking team killers should be kickvoted. This means you can’t cast a kickvote against someone who hasn’t team killed. It makes sense.

Not doing this is asking for troubles. If someone is unpleasant in chat : deal with it. It’s better to let them rant and get tired than to have innocent people killed by trolls when those trolls gets upset.

And i’ve seen more grief with the kick vote than the opposite. Once griefers are together, they are unstoppable, they can kick whoever they want. I’ve seen duel server getting ruined because a bunch of trolls came in and kick voted everyone who was complaining about them not following rules. So it’s a double edged sword.

I already covered this, there are more reasons that people initiate vote to kick’s than just teamkilling. People who are considered bad mouths can have a vote initiated against them. If we had just a teamkilling votekicking option then these people would still be allowed to run rampant. Simply saying “deal with it” is not a good solution. In fact, thats something I would expect from an underaged player. The fact that you use the term “Troll” also suggests that you are underaged as well. A teamkiller will be votekicked, and frankly if you arent playing well enough, or setting a good enough example that your team would vote yes to kick you, then I think you deserved it. I honestly think your response was ignorant of how the developers planned the votekick system to be used, and I hope you have a nice day.

edit You know what, I dont feel this was a good enough response. Lets say this group of “trolls” does join my server. Well then obviously there is no admin on, you are not an admin, or you are on a public server. In that case, the server is disposable as you are not any kind of authority on it, there is no authority present, or it is a public server of which there are plenty more to play on, and we can therefore easily switch to another server. This issue has come in many more games than just this one, and your solution of teamkilling vote to kick would not help this issue at all, due to the fact that if there are this many people banding together, then one of the following would happen:

A) its a FFA duel server and there are no teamkills that can be recorded
    B) your team consists of a majority of these teamkillers and regardless of what happens
    they can overpower you in votes anyway, even if they have reduced power due to some kind of teamkilling vote mechanic

Your solution is faulty. edit

• thanks for calling me underaged. We obviously won’t have a civil debate if your into those kind of argument.
    Unless 22 is underaged, im not.

The fact that people can ban you because of chat is definitively a double edged sword, with the bad edge sharper than the good one. Trolls like to ban you when you upset them int the chat.

• @akarnir:

thanks for calling me underaged. We obviously won’t have a civil debate if your into those kind of argument.
    Unless 22 is underaged, im not.

The fact that people can ban you because of chat is definitively a double edged sword, with the bad edge sharper than the good one. Trolls like to ban you when you upset them int the chat.

Civil debate: You said F****** in your first response, very civil

Unless 22 is underaged: On the internet nobody knows when you’re a horse, nobody

How is the bad edge sharper than the good? If you keep quiet, and kick them first, they cannot kick you. Obviously the “Troll” (and god I hate the moronic slang word) will be mouthing off in chat, long before he has the chance to even notice who you are, and you can take care of him quickly.

• If you are going to freak out anytime someone says troll then you might want to get off the internet. Nothing here requires some huge post and there are more poignant examples than people bad mouthing in chat, you sort of touched on it with the punching thing but its this simple.

There are ways to grief that do not actually require teamkilling, requiring that people have teamkilled prior to being votekicked means that people kicking friendlies off terrain to their death or people purposely team damaging without teamkilling cannot be votekicked. This is bad, so no.

edit: and perhaps a very obvious and important one that was overlooked; HACKERS

• Oh well, I got kicked again. This time I accidentally kill an ally with the catapult. It was enough for him to cast a vote and kick me…
    He then repeatedly kicked me each time I re logged.

It’s desperate.

• If you are constantly getting kicked by random people on different servers then perhaps it is time to look at your own behavior.

• @Ndio:

If you are constantly getting kicked by random people on different servers then perhaps it is time to look at your own behavior.

Constructive argument? so you think this little sentence that you pull down your ass solved the whole matter? If you have nothing intelligent to add, just don’t reply.

I got kicked 3 times in total today, mainly because I got upset after I 2 trolls and one racist instead of letting them get away. I shouldn’t have, but i couldn’t let them go away with some of the things they were doing.

• Calm down. Vote kick the racist first.

12 Trolls? I don’t even know what that means. What were they doing.

Maybe I was wrong, I got the impression you were being a dick and that why people were votekicking you.

• I do not see how a simple request for the votekick system to be improved has turned in to such a vile, cold-hearted insult war about civil responsibility or whatever you were arguing about.

A simple redo of the votekick system should place votekicks in three categories; Teamkilling, AFK and ‘Other’. The Teamkilling option is available if the server has detected that somebody has recently been excessively teamkilling or teamdamaging. The AFK option is available if there has been no activity from the selected user in X amount of seconds/minutes. The “Other” category is always available, but a higher vote majority would be needed in order to make abuse more difficult for the perpetrators.

This is a logical solution to the problem and I hope the staff do consider this.

• @JtheSwift93:

@akarnir:

what are you talking about?

I already covered this, there are more reasons that people initiate vote to kick’s than just teamkilling. People who are considered bad mouths can have a vote initiated against them. If we had just a teamkilling votekicking option then these people would still be allowed to run rampant. Simply saying “deal with it” is not a good solution. In fact, thats something I would expect from an underaged player. The fact that you use the term “Troll” also suggests that you are underaged as well. A teamkiller will be votekicked, and frankly if you arent playing well enough, or setting a good enough example that your team would vote yes to kick you, then I think you deserved it. I honestly think your response was ignorant of how the developers planned the votekick system to be used, and I hope you have a nice day.

edit You know what, I dont feel this was a good enough response. Lets say this group of “trolls” does join my server. Well then obviously there is no admin on, you are not an admin, or you are on a public server. In that case, the server is disposable as you are not any kind of authority on it, there is no authority present, or it is a public server of which there are plenty more to play on, and we can therefore easily switch to another server. This issue has come in many more games than just this one, and your solution of teamkilling vote to kick would not help this issue at all, due to the fact that if there are this many people banding together, then one of the following would happen:

A) its a FFA duel server and there are no teamkills that can be recorded
    B) your team consists of a majority of these teamkillers and regardless of what happens
    they can overpower you in votes anyway, even if they have reduced power due to some kind of teamkilling vote mechanic

Your solution is faulty. edit

sry say whatever you want but atm your wrong, vote kick system is broken. sick of absolutely terribad noobs trying to vote kick me for doing nothing wrong, this needs to change asap. like i have said in other threads my day would not be complete without some bad failing at vote kicking me for good play.

• Kickvotes should be limited. You shouldn’t be able to call more than 2 or 3 while connected to a server until you’ve disconnected for some time. One of the dumbest things I’ve seen is kickvote battles that went back and forth until people got tired and eventually voted one guy out arbitrarily, he hadn’t even done anything.

Or people call a kickvote against you because you accidentally team attack, and then you get kicked with like 93%…wtf…The console command that initiates the kickvote should accept a string for the vote reason.

• I’ve posted this as bunch of times but why not again. This is my solution.

Which is, it should require 3 people to start a votekick. So if person A types votekick, it is announced to the players that person A started a votekick against person B. in which case people would as why? And if a good reason is given, then person C and person D will also do a votekick against person B to get a server wide vote going.

• @Chuckdatass:

I’ve posted this as bunch of times but why not again. This is my solution.

Which is, it should require 3 people to start a votekick. So if person A types votekick, it is announced to the players that person A started a votekick against person B. in which case people would as why? And if a good reason is given, then person C and person D will also do a votekick against person B to get a server wide vote going.

this wont do anything, the bads will still make attempts to vote kick. they will fail as usual since most people come to my aid in the voting department, since they typically figure out why im getting voted on. vote kicking should be a side note of server administration, there should be auto kicking for team killing 2-3 times consecutively, for high ping, and for afking for a certain amount of time. this would go along way to reducing the need for vote kicking. also they should make team wounding threshold as well since this is also a problem, after a certain amount of non killing team wound attacks you should be credited with a team kill which could result in an auto kick.

• @labotimy:

@Chuckdatass:

this wont do anything, the bads will still make attempts to vote kick. they will fail as usual since most people come to my aid in the voting department, since they typically figure out why im getting voted on. vote kicking should be a side note of server administration, there should be auto kicking for team killing 2-3 times consecutively, for high ping, and for afking for a certain amount of time. this would go along way to reducing the need for vote kicking. also they should make team wounding threshold as well since this is also a problem, after a certain amount of non killing team wound attacks you should be credited with a team kill which could result in an auto kick.

So if no mods are in an official server and someone is speed hacking you are fine with no one being able to kick him?

My method keeps the power with the people, but takes it away from an individual.

• @Chuckdatass:

@labotimy:

@Chuckdatass:

So if no mods are in an official server and someone is speed hacking you are fine with no one being able to kick him?

My method keeps the power with the people, but takes it away from an individual.

i didnt say take away vote kicking, i said automate the vote kicking for some of the reasons you would typically start a vote, team wounding/killing, afking, etc. imo this would go along way to stopping the vote kick trolling.

also there should be a given reason for the vote.

• OR, once someone starts a votekick on you, the server should arbitrarily indicate if ‘X’ player has team killed or is AFK.

For example, let’s say I’m a troll and I cast a votekick on an innocent random guy, there will be a notification in the votekick box that will appear saying :

‘‘vote kick ‘‘X’’ player?’’’ ‘‘this player has team killed 0 players. This player is not afk’’.

If I cast a votekick on a real team killer, the server will notificate :
    ‘‘votekick ‘‘X’’ player?’’ ‘‘this player has team killed 3 players. This player is not afk’’

that way, voters will be objectively informed wether the player actually team killed or not.

Additionnaly, the majority needed should be above 65% (real team killers annoy everyone) and there should be a participation rate above 50% (else, if only 1 guy is voting and the other are ignoring (like it always happen) then the vote won’t pass).

• deleted