Help, I'm bad

• I’ve been playing tab-targeting MMORPG’s my entire life and FPS is a completely different animal for me. I bought the game yesterday and…I’ve been getting annihilated.

Anyone have an ideas as to what I can do to better myself other than continue playing and continue getting destroyed? Are there any classes that I should try sticking with to make it easier?

• Knight is probably the most forgiving due to its higher effective hitpoints. Dueling servers give you a better chance to understand what you are doing wrong and fix it compared to more hectic game modes though the players there are usually of a higher caliber but will probably be willing to give some more specific tips based on your play.

Also watch these combat tutorials by Shara;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpsoBX3EDk&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRxtazljg&feature=plcp

• Those videos are fantastic to get started. Of course, execution is harder than theory.

If you want to train with me just add me on steam. Same name as here.

Most of all though, keep trying. Even without learning the theory, you get better naturally. Your timings, footwork, etc… it will all improve the more practice you put in. Muscle memory is cool like that. ;)

• As with any other game/genre, you’ll just need to get used to it. Everyone’s first day may not be best but as you start playing more, you should be able to improve and predict opponent’s movements.

If you’re sick of waiting for the round to end, stick with the Free-For-All game mode. This is a game mode is every man for himself. Everyone is on the Agatha faction and the point is to kill every moving person you see (except for yourself). If you die, you wait for a short ~10 second timer (or less, it varies) and then automatically respawn. This game mode is the best for practicing.

As you plant more hours in to the game, you start to notice certain moves that players will use. It is important to remember how each other player plays the game. Take note of their class, maneuvering styles and how experienced they are (you can check their rank to the left of their name in the scoreboard [Press tab to open the scoreboard]).

What you should work on:
    • Observing trends in opponents; therefore allowing you to predict and interpret their next moves, giving you the upper-hand.
    • Timing your attacks.
    • Knowing how many more hits you need to kill an opponent
    • Using a variety of attacks.
    • Horizontal swing > Left-click to slash your melee weapon horizontally. This attack covers the most area. (Hits things in the forward vicinity of your character, unreliable if you are engaged in a close fight with many friendlies surrounding you.)
    • Over-head swing > Scroll down on your scroll-wheel to perform an over-headed swing. This deals the most damage. (With the last variant of the two handed sword, you can one-hit archers and man-at-arms.)
    • Stab > Scroll up to perform a stab. This has the most range out of all the attacks. It is primarily used by pole-arm bearers. (Use the advantage of range to fend off opponents and kill them from a fair distance.)
    • Practice!

If you thought any of this was helpful and would like to inquire for more information, add me on Steam. (Search for Matti)

• @Matti:

As with any other game/genre, you’ll just need to get used to it. Everyone’s first day may not be best but as you start playing more, you should be able to improve and predict opponent’s movements.

If you’re sick of waiting for the round to end, stick with the Free-For-All game mode. This is a game mode is every man for himself. Everyone is on the Agatha faction and the point is to kill every moving person you see (except for yourself). If you die, you wait for a short ~10 second timer (or less, it varies) and then automatically respawn. This game mode is the best for practicing.

As you plant more hours in to the game, you start to notice certain moves that players will use. It is important to remember how each other player plays the game. Take note of their class, maneuvering styles and how experienced they are (you can check their rank to the left of their name in the scoreboard [Press tab to open the scoreboard]).

What you should work on:
    • Observing trends in opponents; therefore allowing you to predict and interpret their next moves, giving you the upper-hand.
    • Timing your attacks.
    • Knowing how many more hits you need to kill an opponent
    • Using a variety of attacks.
    • Horizontal swing > Left-click to slash your melee weapon horizontally. This attack covers the most area. (Hits things in the forward vicinity of your character, unreliable if you are engaged in a close fight with many friendlies surrounding you.)
    • Over-head swing > Scroll down on your scroll-wheel to perform an over-headed swing. This deals the most damage. (With the last variant of the two handed sword, you can one-hit archers and man-at-arms.)
    • Stab > Scroll up to perform a stab. This has the most range out of all the attacks. It is primarily used by pole-arm bearers. (Use the advantage of range to fend off opponents and kill them from a fair distance.)
    • Practice!

If you thought any of this was helpful and would like to inquire for more information, add me on Steam. (Search for Matti)

Well said Matti,even though I believe so much explaining is not necessary.You just have to practice,that’s all…Keep it simple.

Some games,like Chivalry in this case,need more time to be good at,because they require some more skills and no random shooting for example(like many FPS games)…