Steam ID problems

• Within the last three days, I could not play AoC. Each time I try to join a server, the server will immediately stop and tell me “Invalid steam user id ticket” or let me in the server for like 10 seconds and then give me the same message. I typed status while in a game (that 10 seconds) and my Steam ID said STEAMID_PENDING or something of the sort. I can play my other multiplayer games fine (counter-strike source), but not this one. So far I have re-installed, deleted that one blob file and other things that are recreated when starting up steam, but to no avail. Any ideas?

• You can usually correct this problem by logging out of Steam (Steam > Change User), and then restarting steam and logging back in. Restarting Steam by itself does not fix this. Let me know if this works for you.

• That didn’t work as well. I’ve also noticed that even after closing Age of Chivalry Steam still thinks I’m in it and won’t let me close Steam(unless I go to task manager and shut down the hl2.exe process myself)

• Actually having this problem myself at the moment. Tried all the above, as well as a few other fixes I came up with myself. Which is slightly annoying as I expect you can imagine. It also only affects AoC and none of my other steam games.

• I’m not sure if this will work, but there’s no harm in giving it a try.

• Navigate to Steam\userdata#\config (where # is your account number, usually you only have one folder here)
    • Open localconfig.vdf
    • Remove the lines which start with “Steam2Ticket” and “Steam2TicketUniverse” (should be lines 3 and 4)
    • Log out of steam (Steam > Change User)

• Since this problem is not happening to everyone, I’d imagine I downloaded something that is causing problems. This file is most likely saved in the steam cloud so if I re-download AoC, the problematic file may still be downloaded.

• I just read on some random page that removing steam completely and re-downloading it may be a possible fix.

• I uninstalled steam, deleted my steam folder, re-downloaded/installed steam and re-downloaded/installed the games and that seems to have worked.

• Another simpler fix, expounding on Martin’s reply. Exit Steam; navigate to Steam/userdata and delete all the files in that folder. Restart Steam, the files relivant for the use accoutns will be re-aquired when you log back into Steam. Note, if you have multiple players on the same computer, all their details will also be deleted, if you know your steam account number then you can delete the folder specific to you and it will achice the same results.

• OMG Martin Thank you!!. Its been saying this stupid error for like a month to me; I thought it would get removed by waiting it out but it didn’t. That Local config stuff was confusing but i figured it out thanks! :D I can play again!

• No problem, go lob off some heads :D

• Cheers, went to play again and had this also for past month or so, steam forums were useless for it lol,

so tried these out and they worked, thanks Alex and Martin :)

• If it is a question of steam dropping you in the middle of the game and you have all your ports on your router open, the only thing I have found that works in keeping me connected is to change the priority of steam to “above normal” in the task manager. Not sure why that works but it does.

• @Martin:

I’m not sure if this will work, but there’s no harm in giving it a try.

• Navigate to Steam\userdata#\config (where # is your account number, usually you only have one folder here)
    • Open localconfig.vdf
    • Remove the lines which start with “Steam2Ticket” and “Steam2TicketUniverse” (should be lines 3 and 4)
    • Log out of steam (Steam > Change User)

So what happens when there is multiple numbers under the Steam\userdata# folder? This happened to me. I got the steam ticket user id problem and tried what you said in this post Martin, but the problem is their are multiple folders/numbers.

• If you’re not too worried about retaining ‘favourite servers’ and other history, the easiest thing to do is to just log out of steam (steam > change user), then close steam, delete the whole userdata folder, then start up steam again.

• oh hey it worked thanks. No worries about the favorite server stuff, i didn’t have one, all of the servers are either too laggy or have abusive admins.

• Well once again i’m stupid as hell. Because I just removed the one line that was in the "s of steam2ticket and all that stuff. So now i’m screwed, and I can’t fix it. GRAND!

• @Reapergod36:

Well once again i’m stupid as hell. Because I just removed the one line that was in the "s of steam2ticket and all that stuff. So now i’m screwed, and I can’t fix it. GRAND!

What exactly is the issue you’re having?

• As I said, instead of removing 3-4 lines from steam2ticket and the other thing. I removed 1 line, because I didn’t read carefully. So now I just can’t play AoC no matter what I do.

• Log out of steam completely and close it down.

Delete the Steam\userdata folder
    Delete Steam\ClientRegistry.blob

Log back in again, and you shouldn’t have any issues.