The majority required to votekick is far too low

• I understand you need to be able to votekick disruptive players, but atm it’s far too harsh. I think it’s actually 50% +1 required to kick. Here is what happens almost every time I initiate a votekick on a completely random person:

1. people get the annoying votekick message on their screen
    2. as a result, many hit insert simply out of spite
    3. the 50% +1 majority is achieved and the player is kicked

It’s gotten to the point where you can hardly even talk in game or say anything critical, because instantly some prick will start a vote kick and you’re gone.

• Well, pressing insert because they are annoyed by the screen makes no sense because the screen doesn’t dissappear then but besides that i agree with you that 51% really is too low.

I would suggest that 67% or more are needed AND that the voting screen is only that big in the first 3 seconds of the vote.
    With that its still noticed by almost everyone but it’s not that annoying anymore.

• Nope votekick is fine. Don’t troll people and you won’t get nominated for vote.

• Yes, I had an unbelievable experience today, when somebody initiated votekick on a king (he did nothing wrong) and it passed and therefore we lost the round. It had 54% I tried to tell people they should not brainlessly hit insert, but too late :(

• i have to ask, Hoff, were you vote kicked ? :P
    why would you say you initiate vote kicks on random people ???

I think YOU were vote kicked and are mad :D
    Also, what res do you use ?
    a res of 1920 x 1080 and the votekick box looks fine to me.

Thing about votekick being able to be accessed by players is always gonna have this drawback, if you play on a server that actually has admins present votekick should be disabled for players to even access thus leaving the admining to, you guessed it, ADMINS.

however, many servers do not have ENOUGH admins presently, Our servers are accepting admin applications in an attempt to put this philosophy into effect, pm me directly if interested in becoming an admin on our servers.

• it’s 55% apparently

and yes I have been votekicked for no reason at all, which, along with seeing people votekicked all the time and me testing it out for myself, is what made me create this thread. 55% is simply way too low; I mean it doesn’t have to be like BF2 and be absolutely impossible to kick, but there needs to be some kind of balance. I see it in almost every game; someone is pwning up (yes often me) or someone says something even a little critical of another player, and bam they’re kicked

• Agreed, it’s far too low and 9/10 times the affected player didn’t deserve it. Either increase the requirement or leave the notification in the chat box. For a game that’s so intent of keeping it’s UI clear of obstructions, a giant neon popup is a bloody slap in the face.

• its fully adjustable server side, contact the server admins that run the server you play on for this.

The servers run by me are short of active admins so the vote kick percentage is currently at the default 55% but on the next restart “when player base is at a lull” I will adjust it to 60 percent on all of ours.

• It should really be up around 70%, and you should not be able to vote off opposing players.

Just to demonstrate how messed up it currently is, a friend and I managed to votekick off five people in one round, chosen completely at random.

• Just got kicked off a server I have admin privileges on… 55% is a stupid default setting, simple as that. Yes had 60% of the vote.

• what was the % needed in CS source? I always thought that was perfect.

• @Strudel:

Just got kicked off a server I have admin privileges on… 55% is a stupid default setting, simple as that. Yes had 60% of the vote.

well when more than 1/2 the server population wants you gone, I guess your gone. :D

by Hoff » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 am

what was the % needed in CS source? I always thought that was perfect.

both manimod and sourcemod used 60% by default for both their votekick and rtv plugins.

• I also agree. When someone is actually doing something wrong, like tking or speed hacking, you usually see nearly 100% vote yes. So I believe it could easily be upped to 65%.

• @dirtyjob:

both manimod and sourcemod used 60% by default for both their votekick and rtv plugins.

The suspected culprit here is the irritating voting UI. Causing players, combined with their general frustration at being TK’d so often, to blindly hit yes.

As for why I was kicked, a few moments earlier I warned against frivolous vote kicking and urged players to list evidence or be kicked themselves. Naturally Original Smartass #1001 decided to initiate a vote against me. It’s my fault for expecting more of the Australian Chivalry community really….and forgetting to log in as admin when I joined.

• lol are you telling us you were kicked from your own server :P

I’m sorry but thats funny

• I’m assuming OP is on USA servers…

• Don’t pretend Australians any better malone. That asshole Strudel votekicked me yesterday evening for no reason at all.

• Yeah well, everyone said you were hacking!

• I wasn’t hacking, I’m just awesome.

• No you’re not. Anyone with half a brain can handle a spear.