Historical battles

• It would be interesting to know which historical battle is your favorite and why?

There are many battles throughout history given in different places of the world,so it was a tough decision for me.Finally,I chose the battle of Thermopylae.

This is one of the most important battles given in history if you ask me.It’s not only that it was a hard and massive battle were the few stood against many(too many!),but you can see generally the contrast of the two sides fighting…Different civilizations,fighting for different causes,using different ways to win and not to say too much,two different worlds clashing.Also,I strongly believe that this might be the bravest stand that has ever been in history.To conclude,I believe Spartans are the greatest warriors that have ever been in my opinion and Leonidas was a great king…You can see that by their way of life as well or their ethical values…So,you have these warriors fighting with a king like Leonidas against the strongest army,with every nations’ best warriors the Persians could field in battle,plus fighting with the strongest empire at that time…This battle is the greatest example for Spartans proving what they really were.

This is my favorite historical battle and the reason why.

What is yours?

• Nelson :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar
    worth reading about. Imagine a game about that, Teams on boats fighting it out until boarding the others ships, in fps off course, endless fun like chivalry.

• I like that one battle that happened that one time. 8-)

• @Unit:

I like that one battle that happened that one time. 8-)

Thanks for contributing I guess…

• @acolyteofpgg:

@WerQ:

@Unit:

I like that one battle that happened that one time. 8-)

Thanks for contributing I guess…

Not like you are contributing anything that matters, and you actually just come into a thread only to tell people how they have to behave quite often, as far as I can see.

I’m not very well informed about the topic either and the only battle I know more or less much about is the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains, well I came into contact with it when I played the Age of Empires 2 The Conquerers campaign 8-) .

I think I’ll go with the Siege of Acre (1189) because people got seriously jacked up and like 2,000 where summarily executed following the intense battle, how freakin’ brutal is that stuff! it was a persevering fight by the Crusaders and survival of an intense seige to wait out until reinforcements could arrive and ultimately prevent Saladin from capturing the city.

I also like it because the Knights Templar are awesome. Even though their grandmaster was executed during the fighting.

• @Unit:

I think I’ll go with the Siege of Acre (1189) because people got seriously jacked up and like 2,000 where summarily executed following the intense battle, how freakin’ brutal is that stuff! it was a persevering fight by the Crusaders and survival of an intense seige to wait out until reinforcements could arrive and ultimately prevent Saladin from capturing the city.

I also like it because the Knights Templar are awesome. Even though their grandmaster was executed during the fighting.

It was indeed a brutal battle and the crusaders really struggled to take this stronghold.It costed them half of their army and considering how crucial it was for the crusaders to take Acre,it’s an important battle for real…

I love eastern and crusader battles scenarios,because they were always heated.