Perks

• I think it would be cool to see something like small powerups that are available to unlock to help customize one’s play style a bit further. People could maybe use a primary perk and a secondary perk.

Perks could consist of things like:
    added thrown weapon ammo,
    increased health,
    increased runspeed,
    increased stamina,
    archer projectiles being on fire/poisoned causing damage over time,
    increased jump height,
    reduced friendly fire damage,
    increase range attack velocity,
    melee attack speed increased,
    melee attack power increase for headshots or something,
    stronger kicks/shield bash,
    decreased fall damage,
    weapon knockbacks/increased knockback,
    increased charge attack damage/knockback for vanguards

I can’t really think of any more right now, but you get the idea I think. :)

• I personally do not like this idea, It seems unrealistic. Although, maybe something where the more people you kill the cockier your character becomes (ie…cockier voice sounds when pressing x/c, or character animations/taunts).

• Well, it’s not a powerup that you pick up per se… It’s more along the lines of making your character unique in a sense that some people can kick harder than others, some people are generally stronger/tougher/faster than others. It’s just picking what types of things your character can further accel at.

• No perks, thats all I have to say.

• @Metrocop:

No perks, thats all I have to say.

Good argument.

• Yeah, I don’t want to have perks, I play this game, because it’s realistic. If we add in perks, it would look like Call of Duty.
    Knights jumping over 2 people!?!

The only “Perks” I would like to have in the game, is the ability to carry a small amount of more ammo

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Metrocop:

No perks, thats all I have to say.

Good argument.

Yeah, right? :D
    I never liked the idea of perks in any kind of game, they destroy the little realism any game has.

• @franzmar:

Yeah, I don’t want to have perks, I play this game, because it’s realistic. If we add in perks, it would look like Call of Duty.
    Knights jumping over 2 people!?!

The only “Perks” I would like to have in the game, is the ability to carry a small amount of more ammo

I didn’t mean make all classes NBA stars :P I do see what you mean, however :)

• Posted this in another thread:

I don’t like any of these suggestions. I prefer when facing someone, to know exactly how much their weapon will hurt me, and how many hits of a certain strike it will take to kill them. This game doesn’t need anymore guess work IMO.

• While in other games I support perks as a way to change things up, I do not support perks for Chivalry. It could add extra “depth” to the game, but also more chance of imbalance. Right now, when two knights meet, they are equal, save for their chosen weapons and their own martial skil. With perks, I can see it shuffling more to a “who has the best perk” match.

As some perks will be concidered more useful than others by a majority of players, you’ll have the “Stopping Power”-effect from Call of Duty, where everyone simply uses one perk because either it’s the most benefitial/powerful or because everyone els is using it, and if you’re not, you’ll be worse off by it.

• The great thing about Chivalry that its about skill and reaction and not a perfect class setup. Thats why I dislike the perk idea.

• You said it :D

• COD,COD,COD, im not listening :o

• I’m going to be dead honest. I only came here because I saw your name. 8-)

• Thanks for the feedback, guys!

TBH, I have never played CoD to know about the perks they have on there. I wasn’t trying to make it more similar to that game because I have never even played it in the first place! :)

@Unit:

I’m going to be dead honest. I only came here because I saw your name. 8-)

Thanks, hehe. :)

• @Slaughtervomit:

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

TBH, I have never played CoD to know about the perks they have on there. I wasn’t trying to make it more similar to that game because I have never even played it in the first place! :)

@Unit:

I’m going to be dead honest. I only came here because I saw your name. 8-)

Thanks, hehe. :)

Great attitude! A lot of people don’t take kindly to when people dislike their ideas. I hope you stay active in the forums, we need as many people like you as we can get.

• We might as well rename the game to Chivalry: Modern Warfare

nothx

• I’ve always been in support of the idea of perks in Chivalry, honestly, but I think they should be a lot more influential than a simple +damage +health +whatever - more like “subclasses” really.

Here’s my suggestion from a previous thread on this topic:

For example, some potential MaA traits:

Berserker - +25% combo speed, -15% combo stamina consumption, +30% on all other stamina consumption (including missed combo attacks)

If you can accurately combo you’ll deal considerably faster damage, but if you spam and miss you’ll just run out of stamina in a couple swings. It also costs more to block, dodge, etc. - so you’re going all in on aggression.

Elusive (recycled name from current MaA ability) - +25% strafe and backpeddal speed, -33% dodge stamina consumption, +50% block stamina consumption.

Again, you’re all-in on evading attacks - block is only useful as a last resort.

Counterattacker - +25% parry combo speed, +25% shield drop/raise speed, -15 armor (from 15% reduction to 0)

Huge reward for successful blocks - but now your mistakes are even less forgiven; all of those numerous attacks which normally leave you at 15% health or less now kill you outright.

Probably not balanced; but these are just examples. I think it’d be very interesting to see. The one problem is you don’t immediately know what perk the other person is using - however because the perks respond only to playstyle, it only gives them an advantage when they’re already successfully executing their strategy against you.

Nothing like +damage or +armor/health should ever be implemented though, because it obscures important information like # of hits to kill a healthy enemy. Subtracting damage, armor or health is fine because that’s only detrimental to the player using the perk - and they already know they’re using it. There are also obviously bad tradeoffs like +25% attack speed for -25% health as an archer - because the health detriment will very rarely matter while the attack speed is always beneficial.

• I’ve probably said this a thousand times or so: I mostly only play this game, because it’s realistic and medieval based, and I think that a lot of other people back me up against this. Putting perks in this game, will loose a lot of player, and receive fewer new ones…
    I’m going to be honest. If perks (Or anything else that would make experienced players WAY better, and have better odds of winning, except of weapons and such of course) I would leave the game :(
    I don’t play call of duty because of one thing: Perks. But I play battlefield because…? They don’t

Many players (Myself included) just want a simply realistic medieval war game, in first person.
    Yes we have games like oblivion and skyrim, but they aren’t realistic, are they? Fire bolts, lizards, lions, dragons… I could keep this list infinite long.

I like oblivion and skyrim very well, but for years, I’ve always wanted a realistic medieval game, without any magic or fantasy content. And this game is the game I’ve been waiting for.

I agree, playing the game, to unlock new and exciting features is awesome, but do we want to ruin the game by adding super agile knights, superman MaA, long range super archers and invulnerable vanguard?

I beg on my knees, this game is awesome as it is, don’t destroy one of the best products in my opinion in like… along time. Can’t really compare this to anything I’ve played. Improvements and special new features is awesome, can’t wait for more of those :D

• No, I’m tired of all games resorting to this concept because it inevitably leads to “carrot on a stick” game design intended to make people stick around for a longer period of time after they’re not really even having fun anymore.

Chivalry is one of the few games I’ve been able to pick up and play lately and have access to everything I wanted within just a few hours played. I cherish simple, pure game design like that, and wish there were more examples of it lately.