Traps

• I’d love to see trapmaking as part of maybe MAA or archer… Of course you would have to limit how close to an objective it can be set and also make it take a while to build where the builder is vulnerable to attacks. I think it could be a useful skill but I could definatly see a downside to adding it to the game as well…

• What are you talking about? A bear trap? They used those for hunting, not in the middle of a battlefield, as far as I’m aware. No, it’d just be an annoying feature without any depth really. All it would do is piss people off.

• I totally agree, no one used traps in the medieval battlefield, EVER. The only traps they used, were ambushes of different types, but they didn’t have any 1-person traps back then, like landmines now.

The only trap that I think would maybe be a little cool to add in to the game, is tripwire, to make people fall when running, given a certain percentage of falling, or running over, so you could easy finish someone off. But I don’t think traps should be added, it would destroy the average game itself

• @franzmar:

I totally agree, no one used traps in the medieval battlefield, EVER. The only traps they used, were ambushes of different types, but they didn’t have any 1-person traps back then, like landmines now.

Wrong. Caltrops go way back before medieval times. And there were plenty of different kinds of traps used in castle defenses.

That being said, traps(other than the boiling oil that’s already there) should never be in the game until maps are made larger and appropriate counter measures are made to deal with traps.

• I can’t wait to see what they do with the iron maiden trap.

• @War:

@franzmar:

I totally agree, no one used traps in the medieval battlefield, EVER. The only traps they used, were ambushes of different types, but they didn’t have any 1-person traps back then, like landmines now.

Wrong. Caltrops go way back before medieval times. And there were plenty of different kinds of traps used in castle defenses.

That being said, traps(other than the boiling oil that’s already there) should never be in the game until maps are made larger and appropriate counter measures are made to deal with traps.

Hehehe, ok, you got me on that one. But traps in castles, were stationary, and usually weren’t placed by one guy, at least not fast. And I know they did use traps sometimes, but how often do you see a medieval movie, where a soldier stands WAAAAAAAY out on the battlefield, all alone, and setting up traps? No one would go willingly for that, 'cause he might just as well kill himself right now.

And caltrops aren’t really a trap, it’s more of a way to slow down a little group of people. They don’t actually kill them, unless they are stupid enough to dive face first in them ;P

The point of the OP, is that the game doesn’t have any lethal traps you could place out on a battlefield fast and alone…