3rd person

• When can we expect collision models for 3rd person? As in our cameras will stop on the wall, instead of going through them so we can’t see our character.

• …But then we’ll never know what happens outside the map! :|

• Every time you activate or merely mention 3rd person, a child in Africa dies.

• @Matti:

Every time you activate or merely mention 3rd person, a child in Africa dies.

…and every time you mention a child in Africa dying nothing happens because in reality noone cares everyone is sad and thinks about all the things they can do to help. but won’t ultimately do anyway. 8-)

• @Unit:

…and every time you mention a child in Africa dying nothing happens because in reality noone cares everyone is sad and thinks about all the things they can do to help. but won’t ultimately do anyway. 8-)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo. Okay then :(

• Back on topic, nobody plays 3rd person. First person is best person.

• @Funkmaster:

Back on topic, nobody plays 3rd person. First person is best person.

Word. Change field of view to 110, stay in first person. Done.

• It makes me sad that 3rd person view is even allowed on official servers. I feel like playing in 3rd person gives you a competitive advantage but makes the game less immersive and fun.

Death to third person! Long live first person!

… but please fix the view models so I don’t see the inside of my shoulders at 120 FOV. And then maybe fix third person and leave it as an option for non-official servers.

• Seeing things man was not meant to see, like the insides of pauldrons, is a small price to pay for the increased battlefield awareness that may let you live. Crank it all the way to 120!

• @Matti:

@Unit:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo. Okay then :(

Uh oh Yea, thats right. 8-)

• @Funkmaster:

Back on topic, nobody plays 3rd person. First person Matti is best person.

• You guys fucking abuse love the ever-~~loving-~~fucking shit out of the strike button don’t you? Keep the slashspam strikes on the battlefield.

• @Funkmaster:

Back on topic, nobody plays 3rd person. First person is best person.

I do. And yes, the camera issue is a problem.

• Added to the list of bugs.

• @Martin:

Added to the list of bugs.

You know, if they put something interesting in there for me to see, like clockwork gears or goblins, it would go from being a bug to being a feature. =D

• @Martin:

Added to the list of bugs.

Yes, third person is a bug. Please remove this bug. :)

• Haha.

• but…. I like 3rd person :(

I’m able to gauge my swing distance and my opponent’s swing distance much easier and more accurately, I can see to my sides for when I get mobbed and defend myself more efficiently, and it just increases my enjoyment of the game a lot more in general.

I don’t see why there’s so much hate for 3rd person. To each their own I guess