PSA: Consider kicking…

• Next time you see a MAA, Archer, or other severely wounded teammate fighting and you decide that you’d like to “help” them finish a foe … pause for a moment and consider kicking instead of the preferred decapitating / skull crushing reckless swing.

Reasons to promote more kicking:

1. It’s unblockable.

2. It’s much less likely to kill your teammate if you miss, and it will force their opponent to flinch; ideally allowing your teammate the time needed to deliver the coup de grace.

3. It looks funny and forces the target out of position (not always a good thing)

4. It seems to be the strike that makes people the maddest. It’s funny how often people want to exchange kicks after being on the receiving end of one (even if it’s detrimental to them in the duel (completely guilty of this myself)).

**Message sponsored in part by the society for those sick of being killed by overzealous irresponsible slashing.

• I also love kicking friendlies off of bridges and other high terrain to their death. It counts as a suicide for them, and thus they cannot detect who perpetrated the death.

Yeah, love kicking.

• @herr:

I also love kicking friendlies off of bridges and other high terrain to their death. It counts as a suicide for them, and thus they cannot detect who perpetrated the death.

Yeah, love kicking.

Kick > SPLAT!!
    :o WTF!?!
    :? Huh?
    :x Somebody… KICKED ME !!
    :? Erhmmm, wasn’t me… where did it happen??
    :x Just here… wait
    Kick > SPLAT!!
    8-) Yeah, love kicking too.

• Right, consider kicking… because it’s better to let your enemies live and kill you instead.

• Kicking is an excellent move in 2v1s if you can coordinate it ;)

• For a moment I thought you were encouraging votekick abuse. Ha!

• @Dasein808:

Next time you see a MAA, Archer, or other severely wounded teammate fighting and you decide that you’d like to “help” them finish a foe … pause for a moment and consider kicking instead of the preferred decapitating / skull crushing reckless swing.

Reasons to promote more kicking:

1. It’s unblockable.

2. It’s much less likely to kill your teammate if you miss, and it will force their opponent to flinch; ideally allowing your teammate the time needed to deliver the coup de grace.

3. It looks funny and forces the target out of position (not always a good thing)

4. It seems to be the strike that makes people the maddest. It’s funny how often people want to exchange kicks after being on the receiving end of one (even if it’s detrimental to them in the duel (completely guilty of this myself)).

**Message sponsored in part by the society for those sick of being killed by overzealous irresponsible slashing.

You, sir, are a genius. I cannot believe I didn’t come up with that idea. Of course, I steal kills all the time and feel bad about it afterwards. But that’s just me.
    Will let you know how it goes.

• @acrh2:

You, sir, are a genius. I cannot believe I didn’t come up with that idea. Of course I’m a moron that teamkills all the time to up my K/D. But that’s just me.
    Will let you know how it goes.

:lolz:

Hello cancer, I believe we’ve met before.

Having said that, I must say that, you, sir, sound like a true team player, but I believe there is a recently released game that may perhaps be more of your caliber: http://www.blackopsii.com/.

GTFO K/D Xbox refugees.

Your laptop does not make you a PC gamer, generation flush.

• Time it wrong and you can kill your teammate though. I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten killed because the person I was fighting got attacked in the back and knocked forward(into range) while swinging.

• @Zealot:

Time it wrong and you can kill your teammate though.

Compared to a double combo swing…

Kick the target in the back toward their opponent and it’s (generally) kushdi.

• PPL need a sense of humour, KICKING is KING 8-) All HAIL BELLY STOMP!

• @Martin:

Kicking is an excellent move in 2v1s if you can coordinate it ;)

Very true. I like to kick away one attacker and quickly after that slay the other. It’s a great mechanic and I use it all the time.

• Assisting allies with kicks is really the only niche kicks have right now, but it is pretty powerful - enough so that I’m worried it’ll become horribly frustrating if kicks are ever given the buff they need for 1v1 situations.

• @SlyGoat:

Assisting allies with kicks is really the only niche kicks have right now, but it is pretty powerful - enough so that I’m worried it’ll become horribly frustrating if kicks are ever given the buff they need for 1v1 situations.

I find them quite powerful in a one on one situation already. It’s a good tool to counter lighter classes or knights with broad axes and hammers with. You instantly get more space between you and your enemy which is vital if you’re using twohanders.