Beta patch voicemenu

• I really don’t like the new voicemenu in the beta patch. After combing through the keybind menu and trying keys out I couldn’t get the menu to laugh/taunt, not to mention the terrible 1~0 layout. I really liked the old menu a lot better since 1~5 is very quick and all it really needed was some labels like tactical, responses, other, etc.

This game doesn’t have a ton of lines like TF2 so a giant menu like that is wasted and the older smaller menu is perfect. The new menu doesn’t even have access to the other commands, if you had to press another button to access them, why not just keep the old menu? Makes no sense to me.

Also not being able to warcry while walking saddens me.

• You press Z or X to bring up 10 options, and press Z or X again to flip them. So option #1 becomes option #0 and #0 becomes #1, etc.

I like the old style better myself because splitting the menus up like that is just intuitive to me, since that’s how it’s done in most games. This one seems easy enough to adjust to though.

• +1 for the previous implementation.

Tree structure with category names for the branches was more accessible & intuitive to new players, and no less efficient for experienced ones.

I don’t understand why it was changed; it certainly wasn’t any kind of priority.

• I like this menu better personally, the less key presses the better.

• Please revert this to the old way. Being able to quickly memorize key taps like z 4 4 is vastly superior to having to look down a huge list with the confusing/pointless option of being able to reverse the list.

Guys, don’t change stuff just for the sake of changing it. The old way was fine- in fact, it was superior.

• @Swayze’s:

Please revert this to the old way. Being able to quickly memorize key taps like z 4 4 is vastly superior to having to look down a huge list with the confusing/pointless option of being able to reverse the list.

Guys, don’t change stuff just for the sake of changing it. The old way was fine- in fact, it was superior.

Is it not just as easy to ‘quickly memorize key taps like’ z 4 or z z 1?

I agree the old is fine as it’s what I’m using at the moment but I would prefer the option to press 2 keys over 3 personally.

• @Carsha:

@Swayze’s:

Please revert this to the old way. Being able to quickly memorize key taps like z 4 4 is vastly superior to having to look down a huge list with the confusing/pointless option of being able to reverse the list.

Is it not just as easy to ‘quickly memorize key taps like’ z 4 or z z 1?

I agree the old is fine as it’s what I’m using at the moment but I would prefer the option to press 2 keys over 3 personally.

It’s not a question of number of keys. Having fewer keypresses puts several of the keys out of easy reach of the left hand so that they voice commands can not be easily used while running and actively playing. The system should strive to accommodate simple keypresses with the left hand while the player is also holding shift to run. The “reverse list order” thing just ensures that it’s hard to memorize the voice commands now, and doubly hard to strike the correct ones in the heat of the action. It’s a bad change.

• Am I supposed to bind something to X because I can’t warcry while moving/attacking and I don’t get the other menu for laughing/taunting. I still prefer z as my all in one voice bind since x is in a tricky spot for my fingers to hit easily and in other games I mainly use the voicemenu binds z and c the most.

Is the voicemenu is supposed to be overlapping the mobile battlecry except while sprinting? I don’t understand how that works. Would I have to bind something to a seperate key? I would like a choice between yelling while moving and laughing while moving.

This is important to me because without the voice work I wouldn’t love this game as much and the old system would’ve been perfect if they had labels on the menus.

• I agree with this sentiment. I do not care at all for the new style.

How about adding a happy medium, allow us via options menu to decide which version we would like to use.

• Yeah the option for the use of the different things would be nice. Hopefully they changed it back or gave the option to change it back in the final patch.

• After unloading the beta and going back to the regular menu…I find I like the new one much better. Either way you are pressing a Letter twice or a Number twice…don’t see how physically one is better than the other.

At least in the new beta version it’s more intuitive. You can see all your choices instead of trying to guess what the difference between Personal Message 1 and Personal Message 2 is.

• Its the third time it’s changed and now i have to remember it again. 8-)

• @Cyan:

I agree with this sentiment. I do not care at all for the new style.

How about adding a happy medium, allow us via options menu to decide which version we would like to use.

+1

• same here , i preffer the old menu . same for the warcry ….

… if it aint broke dont fix it

• @batman666:

same here , i preffer the old menu . same for the warcry ….

… if it aint broke dont fix it

+1

Just wondering… had anybody complained about the old menu+warcry? Why did the devs think it’s an important thing to do?

• I like current changes and I’d like them to stay, so option to allow us to choose voicemenu style will probably be the best thing to do.

• @Swayze’s:

This.

Can you like fix the MANY MANY BROKEN THINGS and not the few points that work?
    Thank you.

• @Swarlos:

@Swayze’s:

This.

Can you like fix the MANY MANY BROKEN THINGS and not the few points that work?
    Thank you.

It worked…just because you are used to it. If you look at this from a perspective of being totally new to the game, this new system makes more sense and is easier to learn.

• All of us beta testers complained the first time the menu was changed. This is why it changed again.

Get used to this one, it is better.

• I doubt it. Simply because the new system uses 2 different keys for initiating the voice menus instead of one. I have to find the right initiation button first before I can dial the right number to get my desired command.

I got used to the old system within a few minutes. Now I’m thinking about which button to press everytime. It doesn’t really work without looking at the texts.