Crossbow

• I know you want balance the weapons. But when I reaload a crossbow, I understand I need to stay in one place to pull back the string, but why cant I move during placing the arrow? There are a lot of situations when I should move fast but I cant take a step until the reload complet. And a hipfire optin would good too with the crosbows maybe more inaccurate.

And I noticed sometimes I push the buton and the game doesn’t do that, or do it with a two seconds delay. Like change weapon, reload, fire, block. I had plenty of stamina, and I didn’t do anything what would effect to those actions.“timing is everythin in this game” But how supose I do that if the game doesnt do a thing twice with a same time.

And If ping goes above 80 you cant hit anything with bow or crossbow. Pepole “teleporting” away from your arrow. And some times my arrow just flying trough pepole without doing anything. And If I hit someone the crosshair often stays red.

• Placing a bolt into the crossbow takes a lot of dexterity I have no idea what I am talking about and can be very challenging at times. Placing a bolt should be easy enough for a child requires a tremendous ammount of focus. 8-)

• Have you used a real crossbow before?
    Sure, there are crossbows for kids, but the real thing, is so powerful, that you have to stand on one of the “arms” of the bow, in order to pull it back. Some even had winches in order to pull it back at all.

But I agree with the OP, that you should be able to move while placing the bolt. That takes up almost half the time of reloading the crossbow…

• @franzmar:

Have you used a real crossbow before?
    Sure, there are crossbows for kids, but the real thing, is so powerful, that you have to stand on one of the “arms” of the bow, in order to pull it back. Some even had winches in order to pull it back at all.

But I agree with the OP, that you should be able to move while placing the bolt. That takes up almost half the time of reloading the crossbow…

Thanks for explaining that to me, Captain Obvious I just agreed with what the OP said, I never mentioned pulling the string back. I was making a horribly obvious joke about how placing the bolt after the string has been pulled back isn’t particularly hard.

A joke evidently you did not get. 8-)

• You are wrong, I’ve been playing with 150ms ping and still been able to hit my enemies. Practice a little bit on your accuracy or check your internet. The reason why crossbowmen can’t move while reloading is because they use one of their feet to pull up the string. So you suggest that the crossbowman should be able to jump on one leg while reloading?

• There is a simple balance combat triangle between bows, crossbows and javelins.
    Bows are able to fire fast while moving around, the crossbowmans biggest weakness is that the bows can get them while reloading, cause that’s what the bow is suitable for against the crossbow. While the crossbow has the accuracy and damage, they have a bigger advantage at distance.
    Javelins are only good at close to mid distance, so If you use a bow or crossbow against the javelineer at distance, you are safe. IF you let him too close, you might get shotgunned by the javelineer.
    This is a simple balance that also was made even in age of chivalry, and I think its great.

• Ive using it with 280 ping… but im over it for now, would like to be able to kick with it tho

• its not a bad idea… being able to move (50%) when putting in the bolt.

• Get a real crossbow and try reloading it while moving around. You can’t pull the string back all with one arm.

• Placing a bolt into the crossbow takes a lot of dexterity

Strength, not dexterity. You also need a point of support to be able to pull the chord.That’s why later crossbow variants had pushlever invented, allowing for shooting off the horseback (no need for a point of support).

If anything I wonder if the heavy crossbow shouldn’t deal more damage due to the amount of force (transfered into reload time) you need reload it? Or didn’t pushlever allowed for dealing more shoots at the same time?

Right now heavy crossbow is slower than average crossbow in reload while not dealing that much damage to make it matter. Light crossbow seems to be the best for close-medium range due to ability to shoot really fast (almost twice as fast). I think heavy crossbow should kill in one shoot at the torso, otherwise there is no point in using it as the average crossbow can aim just as good for similar shooting power (and better reload time) and light crossbow is way faster than both average and heavy ones.

• I don’t think anyone here understands the least bit that the OP wants you to be able to move after the string is pulled back and you’re PLACING THE BOLT in.

Let’s try that again, AFTER THE STRING HAS BEEN PULLED BACK

We get that you need to stand still to pull back the god damn thing, why, after it is pulled back, do you need to stand still to put the bolt inside? 8-)

READING COMPREHENSION!

• @Holy.Death:

Placing a bolt into the crossbow takes a lot of dexterity

Strength, not dexterity. You also need a point of support to be able to pull the chord.That’s why later crossbow variants had pushlever invented, allowing for shooting off the horseback (no need for a point of support).

If anything I wonder if the heavy crossbow shouldn’t deal more damage due to the amount of force (transfered into reload time) you need reload it? Or didn’t pushlever allowed for dealing more shoots at the same time?

Right now heavy crossbow is slower than average crossbow in reload while not dealing that much damage to make it matter. Light crossbow seems to be the best for close-medium range due to ability to shoot really fast (almost twice as fast). I think heavy crossbow should kill in one shoot at the torso, otherwise there is no point in using it as the average crossbow can aim just as good for similar shooting power (and better reload time) and light crossbow is way faster than both average and heavy ones.

Read the OP, then my post, and try again.

• Read the OP, then my post, and try again.

In that case it’s most likely because placing the bolt into a crossbow is considered part of the reloading action and the whole reloading action makes you unable to move. Changing it would probably mess with the idea of reloading time as a balancing tool (you’re vulnerable when you’re reloading) and might be too complex to implement. The whole point of being unable to move during reload animation is to reload in a safe enough place. That’s why you carry a big shield on your back - to create a safe spot you can hide behind to reload.

• @Holy.Death:

In that case it’s most likely because placing the bolt into a crossbow is considered part of the reloading action and the whole reloading action makes you unable to move. Changing it would probably mess with the idea of reloading time as a balancing tool (you’re vulnerable when you’re reloading) and might be too complex to implement. The whole point of being unable to move during reload animation is to reload in a safe enough place. That’s why you carry a big shield on your back - to create a safe spot you can hide behind to reload.

Ahh, there we go. 8-)

• @Unit:

@Holy.Death:

Ahh, there we go. 8-)

Your such a bugger hehe :)

• @ZorisX:

Your such a bugger hehe :)

Thanks

Screw you

I have no idea how to respond to that

… 8-)