Chivalry Won't Launch?

• I’ve just bought and installed the game, when I try to launch Chivalry it steam say “preparing to launch Chivalry Medieval Warfare” then disappears. I have tried to follow instructions on how to fix it but nothing worked :( . I’ve also had this problem with borderlands 2

• @Wookie:

I’ve just bought and installed the game, when I try to launch Chivalry it steam say “preparing to launch Chivalry Medieval Warfare” then disappears. I have tried to follow instructions on how to fix it but nothing worked :( . I’ve also had this problem with borderlands 2

Please post a DxDiag.txt.

• Hey there i had this problem aswell so ive made a video explaining how to fix it check it out if you like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzXGle–pBU&feature=plcp

• Thanks for the help, and sorry for the lack of response, I managed to fix the problem.

• Hey bugboy557 I tried what you did there on the video but for me it said
    The program can’t start because D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem.

Any help would be great!

• @EpicEcho:

Hey bugboy557 I tried what you did there on the video but for me it said
    The program can’t start because D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem.

Any help would be great!

I get the same problem too. It’s a little encouraging to find out I’m not the only one having this happen.

• Update:
    I went searching other threads and came upon this:
    @ReMixx:

Run the two vcredist executable files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and the DXSETUP.exe from the DXRedistCutdown folder.

I did that and now it shows the Starting Game screen for a second then that closes and it shows something about UDK.exe encountering a problem and that it has to close. It then asks to send an error report. Please Help.

• @NathanWut:

Update:
    I went searching other threads and came upon this:
    @ReMixx:

Run the two vcredist executable files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and the DXSETUP.exe from the DXRedistCutdown folder.

I did that and now it shows the Starting Game screen for a second then that closes and it shows something about UDK.exe encountering a problem and that it has to close. It then asks to send an error report. Please Help.

Make a new thread and attach your DxDiag.txt and Launch.log.