Pre-ordering

• Hi all

Not sure how people will think of this idea or what TB will either, so putting it out there.

What do people think about a pre-order of this game? (Not withstanding a price or payment system etc etc etc etc)

I am guessing most of the TB team are doing this as a hobby that has turned into a big commitment, guessing being the key word, hence why updates are sporadic (not complaining). Life can be hectic.

Setting up a pre-order, and subsequent cash-flow, would provide the team with a bit more of an incentive.

What does everyone think? Open to feedback.

• Wait, why would we want them to start raking in money? It’s clearly in the community’s best interest to keep the devs starving and desperate to finish this game already.

• True… I want to see blood, sweat and tears…continue on…

• I’m wary of pre-ordering things these days. It would also be awful if it made the devs feel rushed to finish the project. Pre-ordering tends to be mutually exclusive to a “finished when it’s finished” model- which I’m quite fond of.

• I’m not trying to rush things up but on my part i would pay to beta test.
    So preordering will be a nice addition.

• hope the pre order when it comes out is on steam

• @georgatos7:

I’m not trying to rush things up but on my part i would pay to beta test.

…Same to me…

ciauz^^,
    Jab

• @Faranox:

I’m wary of pre-ordering things these days. It would also be awful if it made the devs feel rushed to finish the project. Pre-ordering tends to be mutually exclusive to a “finished when it’s finished” model- which I’m quite fond of.

Totally agree Faranox. My idea was to show support rather than put pressure on TB, as you will see from other posts I have made on the forum that I am too lazy to quote at the moment. Also, I am very cynical when pre ordering anything (except when Dead Space 2 came out) myself.

Buying some of the merchandise, the other way at the moment to helping these fellows out in the way I mean.

@bmac5111:

hope the pre order when it comes out is on steam

Not sure what is like to get a game/mod on steam, but no doubt this one is an option TB are probably considering.

@Jab:

@georgatos7:

I’m not trying to rush things up but on my part i would pay to beta test.

…Same to me…

ciauz^^,
    Jab

Although I think this is a great idea (for the record, I would also pay) I think the only thing is they would have a very strict testing criteria and there will be alot of tedious stuff to do with a tiny amount of actual freeplay. If we pay, some people might just expect to just free-play all the time. Not sure what TB has decided as far as the BETA testing stage yet, so the above is just my experience with some BETA tests in the past.

After watching the latest trailer the Chivalry fires are burning…

Today is a good day…… TO DIE!!!

• I would love a buy in for the beta, hell even just an optional one.

It could give us credit towards the full thing when it gets finished. Or just give us a copy out right.