Kick, Archer

• I don’t think this is a bug: you can’t kick while having a (cross)bow in your hand.

I’m wondering why this is?

I think it’s an important part of the game, being able to get distance to your enemy. Thus it should be able as an archer (with a (cross)bow in your hand), too. Especially if it takes that long to change the weapons.

I can’t imagine this would be “op” and thus cannot see a reason why you shouldn’t be able to do so.

• I haven’t noticed that, not often I let anyone in close enough, but that is a important feature, considering the long time it takes to switch the weapons, and the time it takes reloading a crossbow

• I beg to differ but it would be OP. It does give the archer a few vital seconds to pull-back and launch a devastating, fatal shot to an opponent. It would be extremely cheap. This is the same reason why you cannot kick whilst wielding a throwable, but the longbow/crossbow just takes longer to reload a shot.

• @Matti:

I beg to differ but it would be OP. It does give the archer a few vital seconds to pull-back and launch a devastating, fatal shot to an opponent. It would be extremely cheap. This is the same reason why you cannot kick whilst wielding a throwable, but the longbow/crossbow just takes longer to reload a shot.

Few vital seconds? How long does it take someone to recover from a kick? And how long does it take to draw a bow?

Devastating my ass.

• @boomandvibe:

Few vital seconds? How long does it take someone to recover from a kick? And how long does it take to draw a bow?

Devastating my ass.

You can kick someone back quite a fair bit and drawing times for a bow aren’t that slow… It would give them time and seeing as they are only a few metres away, you could easily one hit them with your arrow.

• It wouldn’t exactly be overpowered, but annoying I can imagine. Taking away the only moment the archer is 100% vulnerable, as they have the advantage of having the melee classes without shields vulnerable at all times. Despite of that, the archer is still able to fight back when the enemies get upclose, its a risk they would have to make, IF they are going to prepare for close quarter fighting or try a risky “shotgunning”. So, no.

• how about Man of arms and oil pot? he can’t kick either, and it’s penalizing as the animation for the pot is long. Tossing the oil pot requires you to be in close range to have a chance to hit the target: your enemies have an easy time stabbing you.

• I dont play archer, so i really could not care too much about them for the time being. However, if this does go ahead, you should be able to KICK with other throwing weapons.

That is, Throwing Axes/Knives, Oil frags and Smoke granates!!! 8-)

• @boomandvibe:

@Matti:

I beg to differ but it would be OP. It does give the archer a few vital seconds to pull-back and launch a devastating, fatal shot to an opponent. It would be extremely cheap. This is the same reason why you cannot kick whilst wielding a throwable, but the longbow/crossbow just takes longer to reload a shot.

Devastating my ass.

Kick stun is about a second, and crossbows can be drawn and fired almost instantly.

• @garfield:

how about Man of arms and oil pot? he can’t kick either, and it’s penalizing as the animation for the pot is long. Tossing the oil pot requires you to be in close range to have a chance to hit the target: your enemies have an easy time stabbing you.

nobody cares about the oil pot
    pls remove from game

• I agree. I don’t see why the kick is prohibited.
    Kicking don’t make you invulnerable to melee hits .On the contrary. If you miss a kick (or shield bash) and your opponent get notice is there a great chance to take a hit.

• @SlyGoat:

@boomandvibe:

@Matti:

Devastating my ass.

Kick stun is about a second, and crossbows can be drawn and fired almost instantly.

firing ok, but to recharge a bow or crossbow takes a time way longer than the tsun time.