AoC crashes after intro

• Hi!

I’ve got the following problem: every time I start AoC it crashes after the intro, regardless wether I skip the intro or not. The game starts to load and then suddenly stops and “freezes” my whole PC, which means that I have to reset it.
    When the game was relatively new, I was able to play it. Now the problem described above occurs. I tried to play it on my notebook and it works.
    I also reinstalled it and it didn’t work. Even formatting my PC did not change anything.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

• I get this quite often , then a rapid maximising and minimising of the windows, I persist and sometimes it works… Don’t ask me how.

• I’ve only ever had that problem if I have something else open and active on my screen while it’s loading.

Get the grey box, get a message in skype, reply, and as I’m replying the game loads, then crashes.

I solved that by simply not switching to any other window while the game loads. Then don’t skip the intro.

You may not have the same problem as I did, and yours sounds a bit more serious than mine, but I had a friend that had that issue, and he solved it the same way. That’s why I don’t like the AoC intro. XD

• Right click Age of Chivalry
    • Properties
    • Set Launch Options
    • Type: -novid

See if that will fix the issue up.

• Developer

You could also try running it in windowed mode, that seems to help me with most of the issues I encounter from crashes.

• I forgot to mention that I’ve already tried to fix it via the “-novid method” and unfortunately it didn’t work.
    @ Tibberius: I’m sorry that I didn’t get it but what do you mean by windowed mode?

Thx so far…

• Developer

You can run windowed mode by typing -sw in the launch options or by pressing alt + enter. Since the game has known crashing issues on alt-tabbing from full screen this helps you avoid most of the issues.

• A ha…

Thank you kind sirs for the advice…
    -novid made it worse for me.

Windowed mode makes the difference!

• Developer

No problem, if you want to avoid issues and still play full screen you can also use:

-noborder

• Thanks again. Liked this option much better.

• Thanks for your replies! Unfortunately, following your suggestions had no effect. Maybe there is a problem between my hardware and AoC.

I’m thankful for further suggestions.

• What’s your PC specification?

• Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1,86GHz
    DDR2 2048MB PC-533
    Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB
    S775 Asus P5VD2-MX

The system software is Windows XP

• Can you confirm whether or not this is Age of Chivalry specific; do any other HL2 mods also crash on startup?

• Yes, it is only AoC which causes problems.