UDK Settings

• Have done several maps for dods and quite familiar with the hammer editor.

New to UDK - would like to know how to setup the UDK to map for Chivalry. Can anyone post details how to configure and what to set the default game type, and other other world properties.

thanks in advance.

• @Rags:

Have done several maps for dods and quite familiar with the hammer editor.

New to UDK - would like to know how to setup the UDK to map for Chivalry. Can anyone post details how to configure and what to set the default game type, and other other world properties.

thanks in advance.

Hi Rags,

We can’t configure UDK for Chiv just yet. They will be releasing a mod tool package including a tailored version of the UnrealEd in the near future. We’re all waiting impatiently :)

• thanks for the quick reply - glad to know I was not doing anything wrong! :D

I agree - very excited about the UDK on this one. It is also good - will give me time to get familiar with the UDK.

thanks again.

• I am also getting familiar with the UDK, did it once upon a time when Unreal Tournament was hot and made some maps there….

I was wondering is it possible to load a map from the Chivalry game to mess around with?? And if yes, what file (path) do I have to open to get it started in UDK.

Sorry for my spelling …

• @boldest:

I am also getting familiar with the UDK, did it once upon a time when Unreal Tournament was hot and made some maps there….

I was wondering is it possible to load a map from the Chivalry game to mess around with?? And if yes, what file (path) do I have to open to get it started in UDK.

Sorry for my spelling …

Unfortunately I don’t think that you can… I’ve tried opening the maps in UDK and it just outright crashes for me. Maybe you will have better luck? The map UPK’s are here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedPCConsole

• No it isn’t working here to. Maybe you have a other medieval looking map with the right scale to start from, like a standard tutorial map that comes with the UDK or somewhere else.