Some gameplay suggestions

• Maybe some of you noticed that , when you are moving (melee) attacks pull you forward .
    For me at least it is bug & should be fixed , but it is not upto me to decide ,so maybe it is a feature .

I am not sure , but seems hits in the hands are not detected , I also suggest there will be a good thing to add such & also detect hits at least to the wrists without to include them , if it is such a problem to add such

! to detect hits & on wrists & fingers would be better of course , but there maybe are technical difficulties .

‘‘Dragging strikes’’ is very exaggerated & makes strikes unpreditable long

! (wasn’t 1 of the main issues with AoC that some weapons hit from 3-4 m away ?) .

Combos - why we need them ?

Some lamer to miss not barely (as was mentioned in the tutorial) with the first strike unintentionally , but a lot & to hit you with the second , because is mindless (& the combo makes the second faster). Yes, I know how to counter it ‘‘attack with parry’’ (another old AoC bug , isn’t it) .

The fighting system for now makes the combat pretty much prelearnt , aren’t we supposed to react to the opponent’s decisions instead of doing over & over 1 & the same thing like a bots ?!

I suggest instead of the existing horizontal swing - press LMB & perform from right to the left horizontal swing , to have no swing with pressing LMB alone - the first dirrection you move/drag your mouse toward is the direction of the horizontal swing - left or right .
    & of course after the initial direction is set that is controlled like it is now .

• I like how with greatswords you can just swing until your opponent is reduced to pudding you have bested your opponent. 8-)

I don’t mind the going foward to hit thing too much, but I can see why you’d say it’s annoying.

• The leap forward on attacks was a design decision to make attacking with shorter weapons easier. However, if you’re standing still, it won’t occur. It also won’t occur on combos. You can also avoid it completely by hitting jump just before you go into release. It’s a pain on polearms for sure (and I personally don’t like it on any weapon), as you’re trying to move backwards, then suddenly end up lunging forward during the attack putting yourself back into range for the defender’s counter attack. There is also leaping on the Javelin’s normal throws now in beta for some reason too, which screws up with aiming for the head.

• Definitely in favor of making this leap only happen when you’re already moving forward. Maybe make it more emphasized while sprinting, too, to give every class a nice little lunge attack.

• @Martin:

The leap forward on attacks was a design decision to make attacking with shorter weapons easier. However, if you’re standing still, it won’t occur. It also won’t occur on combos. You can also avoid it completely by hitting jump just before you go into release. It’s a pain on polearms for sure (and I personally don’t like it on any weapon), as you’re trying to move backwards, then suddenly end up lunging forward during the attack putting yourself back into range for the defender’s counter attack. There is also leaping on the Javelin’s normal throws now in beta for some reason too, which screws up with aiming for the head.

Nice designed exploit , isn’t it ?

ALso let’s don’t to forget & the other great ‘‘features’’ I mentioned with my first post here .

• Maybe a possible compromise could be a key you hold in right before you strike to perform the lunge while standing still. (While keeping the lunge in by default while sprinting forward at an enemy)

• Ohh , the picture was already clear after Martin’s comment .
    & much before that was suggested .
    It was said indirectly , but I understood .

end.

• I’ve noticed the Jav hop and its annoying but certainly takes getting used to. When throwing a javelin though you certainly need to work your whole body into it and I think that the visual clearly represents that.

I like it because it adds to the character but also takes away from the easy accuracy I had before. I’ll learn to love it when I get used to it :P