Player name separate from Steam name

• Torn Banner seems eager to promote competitive play. A competitive culture would be easier to nurture if players didn’t have to apply tags to their steam name every time they launch the game.

NS2 has this option, I’d appreciate it in Chivalry.

• Would be nice if they enabled the Setname command in console or make us change it in one of the ini files.

• Definitely agree with this. Just have this option in configurations, default is steam name, but if you type in the textbox that will override it.

• I second that.

• Just want to bump this in case it still isn’t planned for the content update. I’m -{Sisu> in Chivalry and Chivalry alone. Please look into it.

• I think this should only be added as a clantag option rather than a full name change option.
    Otherwise +1

• Currently the setname command only works if you are admin on the server.

You would call it as such:

admin setname KIMIBROISABROFOSHO

• Good to know, but I’m only admin on one server and it’d still require more work than simply changing my steam name to begin with.

• Changing your steam name doesn’t register until you restart chivalry, which is a pain when you’re about to be made king and you’re mates are telling you to tag up.

• Any news on this front?

• /signed.

• wont this make it easier for hackers to avoid being reported?

• @treetops422:

wont this make it easier for hackers to avoid being reported?

I’ve seen hackers in DoD:Source changing their names numerous of times within seconds on the fly.

• Everyone in my clan just has their steam name with the Lg |tag. I wasn’t even aware this was a serious concern. However, it is a feature I can see some people wanting. So I shall pass it along to see whats up with this option.

• That would be great, thanks.

• As stated, the problem with this is of course Hacking and Name Spoofing, both of which are highly undesirable. I hope if the devs implement this, they do so with care.

• Thanks ChuckingIt.

• @Lord:

@treetops422:

I’ve seen hackers in DoD:Source changing their names numerous of times within seconds on the fly.

Yeah but it will still make it harder for your average person to avoid being reported for hacking. If your name is not associated with a steam name it makes it harder to report someone.

• @treetops422:

@Lord:

@treetops422:

Yeah but it will still make it harder for your average person to avoid being reported for hacking. If your name is not associated with a steam name it makes it harder to report someone.

Maybe have the steam name in the scoreboard beside or below the name they’re using within chivalry?

• @treetops422:

@Lord:

@treetops422:

If hackers don’t want to be recognized, they’ll create a hack which allows them to change their names rapidly, even if they’re tied to Steam. Just like they did with DoD:S.

Plus, I’m pretty sure there’s a system in place in (most) UT-based games that can give every player/Steam account it’s own unique ID, whereby a list of those in-game can be accessed by a console command or, with the help of the devs, by a button/menu.