Falchion vs Flanged Mace

• Why was Falchion changed and Flanged Mace was untouched? They were almost identical before, but looking at the latest damage chart, I noticed that only Falchion was lowered in its damage.

In real life both are very good blunt weapons, and Falchion’s stab is actually pretty ridiculously strong.

But I know it’s done for balance reasons, but why not change Flanged Mace?

• @boomandvibe:

In real life both are very good blunt weapons, and Falchion’s stab is actually pretty ridiculously strong.

I could have sworn that the Falcion was a sword, i.e. non-blunt weapon. :?

• @ReMixx:

@boomandvibe:

I could have sworn that the Falcion was a sword, i.e. non-blunt weapon. :?

In real life, you can flip the sword (either blade or handle) and use it as a mace.

• In real life you can do tons of things with a weapon, now this is a game. Don’t forget that

• @wildwulfy:

In real life you can do tons of things with a weapon, now this is a game. Don’t forget that

I would like you to go back and read my post again.

Also answer the question please.

• Well the game is still in beta.

• @MUSASHI:

Well the game is still in beta.

sometimes it looks like
    (I think you meant it ironically)

• In real life you can find a way to control the flow if metal into the kingdom, and then go plunder the lower less armed villages so that when the larger power needs metal, they can’t even make swords and will have to fight you with siege weapons and rocks.

• Also IRL I’d be getting thrown out of the tavern for slapping a wench’s ass and blasting Raprock (which didn’t exist)

• But I know it’s done for balance reasons, but why not change Flanged Mace?

If I can offer my guess - the charts indicate that flanged mace is (was?) shorter and slower weapon than falchion which was very powerful and more commonly used due to its effectiveness. Another reason might be that falchion was dealing nice push and slash damage while flanged mace isn’t a weapon designed to push and as such was harder in use in tight places or in the crowd.

I can be wrong though.

• But people! You all forget that all classes have their specific vulnerability to different kinds of weapons and attacks. Thats why you can’t just go for the percentage that’s shown on the weapon. You cant just say: well thats the best thing here. So a Falcion makes different dmg to a knight than flanged mace. Mace will make more dmg to Knights & Vanguards, Falcion more to MaA/Archer. Which also makes sence.

• Falchion wasn’t touched to my knowledge, so not sure what is telling you that.

• @Martin:

Falchion wasn’t touched to my knowledge, so not sure what is telling you that.

oh Hmm that’s weird. I swear I saw Falchion damage getting reduced in the beta patch note.

• Could it be the Sword of War 1H stab? That was nerfed from 70 to 60.

• Off topic: was the Broadsword tweaked with at all? :|

• Nope. The Norse sword slash and overhead got faster though.

• @Martin:

Could it be the Sword of War 1H stab? That was nerfed from 70 to 60.

No looking at damage chart Test v2, Falchion WAS nerfed, but then in the latest, you reverted it back.

Well whatever is the case, Falchion wasn’t nerfed.

• You can ignore v2, that has nothing to do with the beta patches or latest version.