.net framework issues. Can't start the game.

• Hey guys.

I have .net framework installed, version 4.0.30319.

When I try to launch Chivalry I get an UDK error telling me I need the .net framework version 4.0.30319 to run.

I have tried deleting, reinstalling, repairing etc etc my .net framework to no avail. I have no idea how to get this game to run, can anyone help? This is incredibly frustrating.

• Unfortunately I don’t have a quick fix; however, when the new patch is released (by the end of next week for sure), it will remove the requirement of the .NET framework. Your problem should be solved by then at the latest if no one else can figure it out before then.

• Thanks for the reply… I hope the update comes soon! My husband has Chivalry working fine on his computer in the other room, and all I want to do is be able to play as well!

• The patch should be here tomorrow. If you’re really really impatient, you can try these, but they’re shots in the dark.

I know that you said that you tried to uninstall and reinstall the .NET framework, but I am making the assumption that you tried to install it from a direct download from Microsoft’s website. What happens if you delete it and then try to install Chiv (let it go through the redist installations) and see if it works?

Also try removing any Visual C++ Redistributable/Runtimes if you have them and let Chiv install those also as part of the Redist package installations. For example:

1) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 X86 Runtime - 10.0.40219

2) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 X86 redistributable 10.0.40219

3) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 X64 Runtime - 10.0.40219

4) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 X64 redistributable 10.0.40219

• The patch fixed it! So I’d like to say a huge thank you to the developers! Thanks for your help too ReMixx :)

• @Kowai:

The patch fixed it! So I’d like to say a huge thank you to the developers! Thanks for your help too ReMixx :)

Wooohoooo! Glad that it’s fixed! See you on the battlefield :k1:

• where can i find the link for the fix friends???

• @aldricwalter:

where can i find the link for the fix friends???

The December 4th patch was applied automatically through Steam. If you are having a similar problem, please post the details of the issue and also include your Launch.log and DxDiag.txt.