Cannot purchase 4 pack on steam.

• I am trying to purchase the 4 pack that is on sale, so i can give the copies to some friends for christmas. However, when I add the 4 pack to my cart, the purchase as a gift button is not clickable. Perhaps this is because I already own the game. If I add single user to my cart I can purchase as a gift, however.

• This does seem a very steam problem. But can’t you buy it, then gift it after? That’s usually how I do it.

• Neither “Purchase for myself” or “Purchase as a gift” are lit.

• Hmm Same happened to me… Maybe make a mule account? :/

good deals going on :stab:

• I think the way the product is set up on steam is that one of the four keys has to go into your account, it can’t go into inventory. Thus if you already have game won’t let you buy.

• I’ll quote a post I made in another topic -

All 4 pack copies on steam are now one-for-yourself-three-for-others. You used to be able buy a 4 pack even if you owned a copy yourself, but it was changed because it was exploitable.

• @Martin:

I’ll quote a post I made in another topic -

All 4 pack copies on steam are now one-for-yourself-three-for-others. You used to be able buy a 4 pack even if you owned a copy yourself, but it was changed because it was exploitable.

How was it exploitable? I don’t understand.

• People were buying multiple 4 packs and selling them off at a profit, whilst still being cheaper than Steam’s single purchase price.

• Buy it with one of your friends accounts then give the other 3 away!