Chivalry into an MMO!

• With the exciting medieval style combat, I know a following from multiple games beta tested and played in the past and present that would love this style combat combined with a real reason to continuously play. A real reason for fighting and defending vs drop in scenarios. Now im fully aware that going from 32 players to an MMO size server would take some work, not to mention the work needed to be done to building a world, but WOW would that be an awesome game to play In my opinion.

Thanks for hearing me out, let me know what you guys think. Let me also know if this has already been talked about and please link me some links if it has. Thanks.

• I doubt that would work, it’d be a strain to get servers, would require alot of new programming to support loads a playahs, and would overal be a big demand. And even if they’d turn it into an MMO, I don’t think many people would let that shit fly, concidering they bought the game as a First Person Slasher multiplayer game, not an MMO.

• To make a game into an MMO requires an entire reworking of the game itself. Is most, if not all situations, a game is not coded in the beginning to be an MMO. There are many functions and features that have to be added, removed, and adjusted to the base of the game to equip it for massive online play like suggested.

Also, it would be incredibly difficult to compete with the other rising MMO’s out now or coming out in the near future.

Although I love the idea of medieval MMO’s, this game is just not equipped to be one. Maybe some day in the distant future TB will decide to take that route. In the mean time, we can just sit back and ejoy what we have now and what we will have very soon.

• The biggest problem with mmod of that they lack depth and a sense of meaning to the character. I would life to see a Risk-Esqe Conquest version of the game where you would have two factions (or many) trying to conquer lands.

Take the WVW scenario in Guild Wars 2 and mix it with the theatre of Chivalry.

• @ZorisX:

The biggest problem with mmod of that they lack depth and a sense of meaning to the character. I would life to see a Risk-Esqe Conquest version of the game where you would have two factions (or many) trying to conquer lands.

Take the WVW scenario in Guild Wars 2 and mix it with the theatre of Chivalry.

Planetside 2 set in the Chivalry universe. That might work.

Ranged classes would be ridiculously overpowered though, and I dont know how the engine could handle hundreds of players having a big melee fight at the same time, guns are much easier to handle after all.

• With loot able weapons and armor that provide fighting variety styles… Customizable characters and armor… Plus a sense of accomplishment you would also have the greatest MMO ever.

Also suggesting a New Age Risk mechanic where after 5 days a horde attack of orcs would attack everybody and those with less garrisons would have a harder time fighting them off.

Each country/garrison would have a boss.

• @Maurizio:

With the exciting medieval style combat, I know a following from multiple games beta tested and played in the past and present that would love this style combat combined with a real reason to continuously play. A real reason for fighting and defending vs drop in scenarios. Now im fully aware that going from 32 players to an MMO size server would take some work, not to mention the work needed to be done to building a world, but WOW would that be an awesome game to play In my opinion.

Thanks for hearing me out, let me know what you guys think. Let me also know if this has already been talked about and please link me some links if it has. Thanks.

I like your enthusiasm but this is a FIRST PERSON game, with the exception of third, not an MMO, One reason i like this game is that it is not an MMO, there are plenty and to many MMO’s currently the competition would not be fit for the billing as they say.

• I like the suggestions given about the ideas of making it a great MMO… I also respect those who did buy this game for the game it is and not wanting it for an MMO…

But the platform is already in place for the FPS slasher, so that could stay as is… And on top of that the company with the right ideas behind it and enough depth into building a world around the combat style of the game could just be Epic. Regardless how many other MMO’s there are out on the market statistics show there are plenty of gamers looking for a said game like this in an MMO setting, in which I am pretty confident if marketed the right way would bring Chivalry MMO style to the top or near the top of the list of anticipated games.

I just like to keep an open mind. I know how hard it would be to turn this game into an MMO but at the same time, it could turn out to be a great game if done right. Just some food for thought.

• One thing at a time :)

• And why does it remind me of Sword Art Online?

• @EricFong:

And why does it remind me of Sword Art Online?

I guess similar in style kinda, but not really.

• They should just use this stuff in other MMO’s.

I was really excited when they said there would be an Elder Scrolls MMO, but lost all excitement when they explained it will even be more dumbed down than the existing system (which doesn’t account to much).

• I made a post like this before Chivalry was out. Tibberius responded and basically said they all like the idea of making a Chivalry mmo, but mmos take huge amounts of money to develop which they don’t have. I would get you the exact quote but im too lazy to search for it. ;)

• @sparky89:

I like your enthusiasm but this is a FIRST PERSON game, with the exception of third, not an MMO, One reason i like this game is that it is not an MMO, there are plenty and to many MMO’s currently the competition would not be fit for the billing as they say.

I think you’re confusing MMO with MMORPG. PlanetSide is also an MMO, and it’s first person shooter. There is no reason a game like Chivalry could not be made into an MMO…

Actually there is Mortal Online and Dark Fall. Both MMORPGs with a kind of Chivalry-esque combat mechnic.

I would love to see Chivalry growing into MMO scale. Fighting real wars for territory with a combat system like that would be a dream come true.

But I realize that MMOs are hard to do and cost lots of money. So an Indie studio like TB won’t be able to afford it.

• No to MMO, but I would kill for a Skyrim mod implementing Chivalry combat… Also for every future elder scrolls game.

• @manic:

No to MMO, but I would kill for a Skyrim mod implementing Chivalry combat… Also for every future elder scrolls game.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

• Ok, but what’s the point when fighting against NPCs only? In an MMO version of Chivalry you would fight against other players plus having a huge medieval world. How can one not want this? :P

• You need to check out Mortal Online… it has combat kinda like chivalry (or mount and blade more perhaps) its realtime with somewhat realistic weapons and armor. Everything is player crafted, full openworld pvp without any limits. Full loot (you can loot anyone who dies) and so on. Mounted combat etc.

• @kywild:

You need to check out Mortal Online… it has combat kinda like chivalry (or mount and blade more perhaps) its realtime with somewhat realistic weapons and armor. Everything is player crafted, full openworld pvp without any limits. Full loot (you can loot anyone who dies) and so on. Mounted combat etc.

It’s more Age of Chivalry, and it sucks… but at least they tried :P

• @Siegbert:

@kywild:

You need to check out Mortal Online… it has combat kinda like chivalry (or mount and blade more perhaps) its realtime with somewhat realistic weapons and armor. Everything is player crafted, full openworld pvp without any limits. Full loot (you can loot anyone who dies) and so on. Mounted combat etc.

It’s more Age of Chivalry, and it sucks… but at least they tried :P

It far from sucks actually its pretty awesome ^^ but its definately nothing for carebears.