Gamemodes: Regicide; The Waggon; Butchery

• Some ideas I got during the last few days. They are just ideas.
    –-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regicide:
    (VIP Style)
    each team has a king, a player selected by chance. the map would be a “mirrored” or “balanced” one.
    the goal is simple: slay the enemy king.
    the winning condition could be:
    #1 the first one to slay the enemy king wins
    or
    #2 the team that slayed the enemy king more often in a certain amount of time

–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Waggon:
    (The Search for Illidan)
    a waggon in between two camps.
    the goal: each team needs to push the waggon (not sure yet in what direction; either torwards the enemy base [bomb cart?] or into your own base [supply waggon]).
    the winning condition: the waggon reaches its destination.

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Butchery:
    a village full of peasants and buildings. maybe a team game, maybe FFA.
    the goal: killing as much peasants, burning as much buildings as possible in a short amount of time.
    killing enemies is possible, but won’t give you any score.
    winning condition: the one/team with the highest score wins.

• @Recom:

Some ideas I got during the last few days. They are just ideas.

Regicide:
    (VIP Style)
    each team has a king, a player selected by chance. the map would be a “mirrored” or “balanced” one.
    the goal is simple: slay the enemy king.
    the winning condition could be:
    #1 the first one to slay the enemy king wins
    or
    #2 the team that slayed the enemy king more often in a certain amount of time

I had the very same idea just yesterday. Granted it’s fairly easy to come up with, but still.
    This one i’d like to see.

• When i saw “butchery” I immediately thought: Mode where score is based purely off dismemberments and nothing else. Also permanent limb/corpse stay :D

• @manic:

When i saw “butchery” I immediately thought: Mode where score is based purely off dismemberments and nothing else. Also permanent limb/corpse stay :D

that sounds fun :D

• Regicide sounds fun. I would totally play the shit out of that.

Wagon could be fun.

1. For push wagon, you’d probably need to spawn players in the middle of the map, or adjust wagon speeds to be faster as they get nearer one of the bases. Otherwise it might be damn near impossible.
    2. Pull wagon gets easier as you get closer to the goal, so I think there’s less chance of a drawn-out stalemate. It would probably require a lot of experimentation, but this could be a lot of fun.

For butchery, how about
    -There are two separate villages with a no-man’s land in-between (perhaps with some siege weapons in it). Peasants/buildings may or may not regen.
    -Win condition: the first team to slay a N peasants and/or burn/destroy N buildings, or the most within a time limit.

Also, as we’re talking about butchery, what about… zombies? I think fast-zombie fighting would be buckets of fun with the core mechanics of Chivalry. And if you die by zombie bite, the game should spawn at least one zombie who has all your armor (and maybe swings your weapon around in a semi-aimless fashion).

• I like them all, but the last one doesn’t sound fun. It sounds a bit sick to me and not at all like a game.

• Sounds like fun.
    Would love to see a LTS in a FFA version, like a last man standing (LMS).
    Like give points for a place, like first is 10, 2th 8 points, etc and then after lets say 7 rounds
    the one with the most points in the end is THE MAN. 8-)

• The king slaying would be ok, but instead of time slaying the king, i think it makes more sense to let win the team who has dealt more damage to the enemy king (no friendly fire) instead of time killing him, as its not the same 1 min of an archer with dagger slaying him as a knight with an axe or hammer.

Also, i dont even think thats possible to track at all

The cart thingy, would be ok even though it may be a little bit hard, so a lot of time would be required, like 15 or 20 mins, as teams would have to split, half team to defend cart and the other half to kill enemy cart defenders. But i like it mostly, some TF2 cart style.

And the last one about killing peasants, i dont think it would fit at all in the backstory of the game, as agathas are the “good ones”
    i suppose and they wouldnt kill peasants for the lulz.

Even without that, guessing is just one gamemode, forgetting about backstories and etc, it wouldnt be so fun at all atleast for me i think, it would have to be a lot of peasants to kill to make it actually difficult, or add some variety, like peasants of different color who spawn less often and give more points.

Still im not that sure about that one, maybe trying it would help, may be fun, or may be not, as players would ignore each other to try and kill as many peasants as possible.

Thanks for your ideas

• I definitely agree with kingVking matches, you could decide to turtle your king or lead the assault with him :D

with the cart idea, stalemates are a distinct and fun crushing possibility
    I’m not sure of a way to fix this, maybe making the distance short would help

I feel like having ‘pushers’ places on the cart or its substitute where people could lock in much like using a siege weapon and actually push the cart, having a constant stamina drain while they do
    and the other side also has pushers, and those with the most would gain way

kinda gives a choice between investing bodies to push the cart or defending/attacking it

• I would love to see a horde mode with orcs, death knights, goblins, another faction. :P

Difficulty stacks with more people.

Both in numbers and health

• @ZorisX:

I would love to see a horde mode with orcs, death knights, goblins, another faction. :P

i dont think there is gonna be a orc thing, atleast not a official one

once they release the chivalry SDK, which only they know when will be released, we will get tons of mods like orcs, samurais, ninjas, etc.

But i dont think you can expect that from the devs.

• @Kyle:

@ZorisX:

I would love to see a horde mode with orcs, death knights, goblins, another faction. :P

i dont think there is gonna be a orc thing, atleast not a official one

once they release the chivalry SDK, which only they know when will be released, we will get tons of mods like orcs, samurais, ninjas, etc.

But i dont think you can expect that from the devs.

Kind of off topic, but it’d be cool to see an expansion in the far future with dwarfs, orcs and elves etc.

• @ZorisX:

eeehhh….

While a horde mode would be awesome and make one feel like a badass I think that it would also be rather taxing to most rigs, limiting the number of people who can experience and or possibly enjoy the mode

• So the thing I love most about these ideas is that both teams have objectives to complete. The more I play the more that I see that it is VERY difficult to create a balanced offense/defense scenario. So I really like these ideas and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2253&p=16897&hilit=gamemode#p16897 that one (specifically War at the bottom of the OP) as well. Those were about it when it came to objective versus objective gameplay modes. Hopefully something like this will be implemented.

• My take on the wagon thing:

Instead of both teams trying to get the wagon to a destination, perhaps it could just be an expanded version of the wagon pushing in the objective games, sort of combined with KotH. Basically one team has to get the wagon to a certain destination while the other one, instead of trying to just stop it or move it back the other way, has to actually capture it to intercept the supplies. They have to hold the wagon for a certain time and prevent the other team from moving it any further, not sure what a good balanced time would be. If they can achieve this they win.

The defending team wins if they get the wagon to its destination or if the round’s time limit expires before the attackers can capture it. For balance, it might be necessary to need more than just one person to move the wagon, and if no one at all is at the wagon then it isn’t “captured”, the attackers need people there for the timer to start ticking.

I’m thinking that it would be really cool in a densely forested kind of map, with a rickety track moving through the trees and plenty of potential ambush spots.