Buffing/Balancing weapons by New Properties

• Instead of balancing weapons with similar damage, weapon swing times, and etc, do you think it’s possible to add new interesting properties to different weapons?

For example, Double Axe is one of the least used weapons because of it’s short range, long windup time, and moderate damage. It would be interesting if Double Axe had some kind of ‘grabbing’ or ‘pulling’ effect on enemies. This way, despite it’s short range, enemy will have harder time to get away if you landed a hit. Of course, this is just a suggestion and an example, and Double Axe doesn’t have to have this.

If archer lands a hit on an enemy’s leg, damage would be lower, but it would possibly lower the enemy’s movement speed for a few seconds. (For example, 5 seconds)

How about Maul, lower its current damage a bit, then add an ‘hold/root’ effect on hit? First enemy hit would possibly have his movement disabled for a few seconds but can still attack. This might be too much but just throwing out ideas here.

• @boomandvibe:

If archer lands a hit on an enemy’s leg, damage would be lower, but it would possibly lower the enemy’s movement speed for a few seconds. (For example, 5 seconds)

Agreed.

@boomandvibe:

How about Maul, lower its current damage a bit, then add an ‘hold/root’ effect on hit? First enemy hit would possibly have his movement disabled for a few seconds but can still attack. This might be too much but just throwing out ideas here.

Disagreed. If anything, Maul should be a 1 hit-KO weapon, except with the stabbing.

• Please don’t make it into Guild Wars 2.

Game doesn’t need any more conditions, buffs, hexes and enchantments.

• @Swarlos:

Please don’t make it into Guild Wars 2.

Game doesn’t need any more conditions, buffs, hexes and enchantments.

I’ve never played GW2 or even W.o.W.

• i would like to see broken limbs.
    breaking someone’s shield or sword arm to disable his defense/offence.

• Different hitbox modifiers for different damage types would be a good start, I think.

Also, mixing up windup/recovery/release/combo speeds more rather than having them relatively linear (with a few exceptions, weapons that have fast windups also have fast releases and fast combo speeds, etc.)

• @boomandvibe:

Don’t try to make archers Op. :?

• I would definitely encourage any type of buff/condition that would accurately represent any encounter with my / or my enemy’s attack.

If I got shot in the leg, I would have to hobble…

If I got hit in the arm, I would expect a slower swing speed…

It would be hilarious to literally cripple someone and then finish them off 8-)

I welcome anything THAT MAKES SENSE and fits within the theme of the game.

• This seems agreeable and would add a lot of depth to weapons
    However, balancing that added depth seems daunting …

• @ZorisX:

I would definitely encourage any type of buff/condition that would accurately represent any encounter with my / or my enemy’s attack.

If I got shot in the leg, I would have to hobble…

If I got hit in the arm, I would expect a slower swing speed…

It would be hilarious to literally cripple someone and then finish them off 8-)

I welcome anything THAT MAKES SENSE and fits within the theme of the game.

If crippling will be added to this game, I will play it 25 hours a day.