Major Patch Now Live + Plans for the future

• Developer

Major Patch Now Live + Plans for the future

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare gets its first major patch, fixing a massive amount of items that the players have been asking for.

Patch includes:

-Completely redone server browser
    -Fixed connection issues
    -Rework of ranged combat (New animations, sounds, Crosshair “Feel”)
    -Smoothed out animations
    -Massive amount of bug fixes and polish
    -Balance tweaks
    -Fixed auto team balance system
    -Improved weapon unlock/rank system reliability

Find Full Patch Notes here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5698

We have also added veteran helmets, which you unlock once you have unlocked all of the primary weapons for a specific class.

Veteran Helmets:

**Masons

Agatha

Looking to the Future

Now just a month after release, Steve Piggott, the lead game designer of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare sits down to answer community questions and speak about the future of the game. In the video Steve promises a ton of new, free content coming to Chivalry and also talks about the surprising success of the game and the excitement for the whole team at Torn Banner Studios right now:

2usxfZlY_A4

Chivalry is also 33% off on Steam right now as part of the Steam Autumn Sale! A great time to grab it for yourself or a friend:

Available here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

• thnx for the patch but i got two problems

1 the game runs in window mode (how to change this)

2 i see 0 servers

:(

Solved :D

• thnx for the patch but i got two problems

2 i see 0 servers

Solved :D

• Thank you for the patch! I have an issue to point out :D

I am now rank 8.

Before the patch, I was rank 43. :D

Enough said :D

EDIT: OK, now I am rank 35?

Btw, patch is awesome!

• Still can’t find any servers.
    And tried all the solutions.

• Great patch guys. I really appreciate all your hard work and I am definitely looking forward to the future of this game.

• Server browser looks a lot better now. Good job!

I’m not having problems with the the server browser populating, but I am having problems getting into games. Whether it’s because the games I’m trying to get into are containing players who haven’t updated yet or not I don’t know, but I’ve tried on 5 servers now and I keep getting booted back to the main menu.

• @pipi666:

thnx for the patch but i got two problems
    2 i see 0 servers

Exactly same here, it runs in a window now (you can go fullscreen using ctrl+Enter)
    but no servers again.
    I have been trying to make this work for last 4 days and tried everything that was recommended and nothing, never seen a single server there (btw and I can play mount and blade just fine, so it seems to be just this game).
    After patch still nothing, just endless retrieving servers and it never returns anything.

any ideas?

• Nice.

Now I wonder about the duel mode, will it actually feature gametypes like 2v2, 3v3? Because that’s what we’re waiting for at the moment to continue with the team-tactics tutorial video.

• Uh, these helmets look nice.

Question:
    I have not been in the game and you didn’t mention it. Are these mentioned steam friend markers in now?

• Awesome news, can’t wait to test it out. This game has a promising future and promising developers !

• Wohooo! Finally :––D

• Can someone who downloaded the patch tell me how much Gb is their game now?
    (don’t answer if you had the beta patch earlier)

• @The:

Can someone who downloaded the patch tell me how much Gb is their game now?

2765 Mb

• Great patch guys! We have to rediscover alot and adapt to new play feeling, but all in all I’m a happy panda.One little bug wasn’t fixed. Maybe because so few people are using this but trowing knives are still bugged. After you throw some ( like 2) you can’t switch to other weapon till you trew all.

• @Metrocop:

@The:

Can someone who downloaded the patch tell me how much Gb is their game now?

2765 Mb

Thank you very much. :)

• Hey fellas great work on the game so far - with the latest patch unfortunetly it seems I have lost a bunch of performance in game. I tried using the exact same settings I had pre patch (and got great fps/performance with) and now it’s just really glitchy/jerky and much lower fps.

I had to drop a ton of stuff down to low and still now it’s kind of wonky. Which shouldnt be happening on my rig.

i5-3570k
    16GB ram
    2GB 7850

Looking forward to the SDK stuff, great work guys, hope to hear back!

• @bro:

Hey fellas great work on the game so far - with the latest patch unfortunetly it seems I have lost a bunch of performance in game. I tried using the exact same settings I had pre patch (and got great fps/performance with) and now it’s just really glitchy/jerky and much lower fps.

I had to drop a ton of stuff down to low and still now it’s kind of wonky. Which shouldnt be happening on my rig.

i5-3570k
    16GB ram
    2GB 7850

Looking forward to the SDK stuff, great work guys, hope to hear back!

The biggest fear of all, welcome to Chivalry…. Hoping I dont have the same results…

• Love the new helms! greatjob

• Nice helmets!

The Mason Knight one has very big Eye-Slots (or slit?)

could be very deadly for him, when there is a guy stabbing into his eyes

And the Agatha-one should’d have a CROSS on the left side of the helmet, because of

dueling with lance on horse would pierce through the helmet and kill him.