FPS Lag While Fullscreened?

• I lose 50FPS when switching from Windowed to Fullscreen.

Borderless also loses the FPS.

Why?

Radeon HD 6870
    AMD Phenom Black II x6 (3.3GHz)
    8gb Corsair DDR3 RAM

60+ FPS in windowed
    <15 FPS in fullscreen.

• Bump

• What are you using to measure FPS? In game stat fps command or an external program?

• @ReMixx:

What are you using to measure FPS? In game stat fps command or an external program?

First my eyes, then FRAPS. It is very obvious.

• Just for giggles, try the ‘stat fps’ command in the console.

• I’m experiencing this too, 75 hours with no issue but now post patch my fps is dipping from 60 to 30 as soon as i enter combat.

• @wrench:

I’m experiencing this too, 75 hours with no issue but now post patch my fps is dipping from 60 to 30 as soon as i enter combat.

Does lowering any of the graphical settings affect it any?

• @ReMixx:

@wrench:

I’m experiencing this too, 75 hours with no issue but now post patch my fps is dipping from 60 to 30 as soon as i enter combat.

Does lowering any of the graphical settings affect it any?

i’ve tinkered with a few settings with no real difference- I’m confused that previous to the patch i was running everything on high and the game ran beautifully, and now something in the patch seems to have crippled my performance.

I know the patch reset everybody’s in-game settings, but i’d made no changes to the default video settings (before or after the patch) so it couldn’t be that either.

• @wrench:

I know the patch reset everybody’s in-game settings, but i’d made no changes to the default video settings (before or after the patch) so it couldn’t be that either.

I think that they made a change or two in the spirit of increasing performance. It possible could have the reverse effect on your setup. I’m not sure of any concrete details though. So by testing each setting, maybe we can find something that got tweaked.

• i should add my fps remains at 60 and the game runs perfectly when windowed

• Would either of you be willing to try deleting your Chiv folder in My Documents\My Games\ to test if that clears it out? There might be some setting from pre-patch that conflicts with post-patch. This will delete any custom key bindings that you may have.

• No matter what is showing my FPS it randomly drops to 15 at Fullscreen. I have to drop my graphics settings to the lowest to get back to 60 FPS.

I am by no means computer illiterate; this is something that I, nor any of my friends, nor google have experienced.

• Also it had nothing to do with the patch, it has happened since I’ve had the game.

• Halp?

• Do you have more than 1 monitor plugged in?

You said that you messed with the settings in game, but have you tried going full screen -> changing resolution up/down while in fullscreen?

• Yes I have changed resolutions, the only one that drops frames is 1920x1080, but that is my native resolution.

Also only 1monitor.