Servers still reporting false player counts

• Edit: This post refers to the bug fixing patch, not the hotfix released 05/12/2012.

After the patch, the servers are still reporting false player counts; we had 17 people connected, and TCAdmin shows 33/24. Because TCAdmin also closes our servers when they exceed 32 slots, this causes our servers to restart (our duel server closed down just, and we had several people join and leave in the time it was up), but the underlying issue rests with the game. To prove it’s not a bug with TCAdmin, we’ve also used sites such as game tracker and game monitor to query our player count, which also shows as 33/24.

• So the patch came out? :D

• Yes.

I have a small inkling why this is happening, but I might be wrong, I’m just throwing it out incase it helps.

I took this screenshot, and it shows me in the server when I’m not, it also shows me with 4 points: http://i.imgur.com/DeBvP.jpg

I hadn’t played on it for probably 30-40 minutes, and we know if you leave a server mid game, and re-join it, it retains your stats. Could it be retaining stats and connected players for longer than expected?

• yeah just did a steam update on the server, always paranoid about it breaking more than it fixes…. now on to my client version…

• Jup, also still see servers that show full or almost full and only have a handful of people, like it shows a ghost attendance from a few minutes or a hour ago.

This seriously needs a hotfix, a multiplayer game where in the server browser the servers are not even shown right, it’s just not doable…

• I guess that’s why some guy who wasn’t even on the server won a FFA game when I had the highest score and the most kills.

• @Ulven:

I guess that’s why some guy who wasn’t even on the server won a FFA game when I had the highest score and the most kills.

If a FFA game has more than 16 players, the list won’t be able to display them all. Your own score will always be shown on the score, so it sometimes scrolls it so that you’re at the top even when some other player(s) has more points.

• @SlyGoat:

If a FFA game has more than 16 players, the list won’t be able to display them all. Your own score will always be shown on the score, so it sometimes scrolls it so that you’re at the top even when some other player(s) has more points.

Sounds plausible that this is what happened to me then.

• Our server is showing full most of the time when there are only like 6 people on…. so people are not even joining thinking the server is full. Sorry but this is unacceptable. In addition. The “TAB” menu or any menu for that fact is total fail in that it does not show the servers external IP address but only the hosts internal IP address. This is again, total fail. Please fix these issues

• agreed, some players shown say they have been on for 27hrs …yet they are not in game.

• Bump for justice. While many of the other fixes this patch were great, this is a glaring issue that needs attention. I’ve taken to just attempting to join ‘full’ servers, and usually I get in. Sometimes t’s completely empty.

• I had the impression (maybe false) that this had been fixed when the patch first came out but now it’s definitely back to its former broken status. I agree that I hotfix is needed- it’s a major waste of time visiting server after server to find one that’s reasonably full. I don’t understand why this is so hard for them to fix- other Unreal-based games on Steam don’t seem to have the problem.

• @Martin:

Yes.

I have a small inkling why this is happening, but I might be wrong, I’m just throwing it out incase it helps.

I took this screenshot, and it shows me in the server when I’m not, it also shows me with 4 points: http://i.imgur.com/DeBvP.jpg

I hadn’t played on it for probably 30-40 minutes, and we know if you leave a server mid game, and re-join it, it retains your stats. Could it be retaining stats and connected players for longer than expected?

I think this is the cause. I have been joining servers through the server info in the browser, and typically anyone who is showing a time of a couple hours or more up to 50+ hours ive seen, they are often not ingame at all or in another server.

I only join servers that show at least a few people with under 2 hours in the server, haven’t ended up in an empty one since.

• Two of our servers are showing incorrect player counts after the hotfix (05/12/2012) still. LTS hit 33/32 and Duel also hit 33/32 (server falsely reporting the figure, not actually 33 players in a 32 slot server). Anyone else noticed it yet?

• @Martin:

Two of our servers are showing incorrect player counts after the hotfix (05/12/2012) still. LTS hit 33/32 and Duel also hit 33/32 (server falsely reporting the figure, not actually 33 players in a 32 slot server). Anyone else noticed it yet?

Message me on Steam when you get a chance. I need to collect more data…I’m waiting on our own server to fill up but that might take awhile.

• @Martin:

Two of our servers are showing incorrect player counts after the hotfix (05/12/2012) still. LTS hit 33/32 and Duel also hit 33/32 (server falsely reporting the figure, not actually 33 players in a 32 slot server). Anyone else noticed it yet?

How many players are on each team and in spectator mode?

• What we really need is to be able to see how many people are in spectator mode and who (like AoC). It would make things a lot easier to be able to see who is actually on the server. I’d see people chatting and had no idea they were even there because they were sneaking around in spectator mode creeping on us ;)

• I joined a duel server which only had 6/14 but the server browser showed 14/14. No spectators were in there. Something is still afoul.

• What was weird, was the other day after the patch first came out, our server said the opposite of what it was in the past… So it said 13/24 and when I tried to join it kept saying that the server reached capacity >.>

• I would really like to just be able to view server info through steam. With all the steam integration, is it hard to make this happen? I really have no knowledge on the subject.