Knights

• And Knights are still the most overpowered class.

Advantages:

1. Extra Health
    2. Extra Armor
    3. Fastest regenerating health
    4. Shields
    5. Still some of the fastest weapons. Two-shotting classes with a 1h hammer while hiding behind a shield
    6. Can trade damage to kill other classes
    7. Unable to flinch them typically. They can start an attack with a 2-handed mace and continue through the swing even when being hit.

Disadvantages:

1. Movement, maybe?
    2. Reach (although a shield cancels this out since they can just run in)

Am I missing something here?

• What do you expect from the man with the most advanced technology of its era?
    In the medieval era knights had advantage over people with no armor (that doesn’t mean you can’t kill a knight), all you can do is deal with it.

• Knights are fine, I’ve yet to meet one I couldn’t kill with any other class.

• This isn’t the medieval era, it’s a video game. So are you saying there were men mage blinking around to dodge (MAA)? This game isn’t about realism.

• @The:

Knights are fine, I’ve yet to meet one I couldn’t kill with any other class.

My guess is you’re playing the terrible knights that do slash attacks out of range instead of just bull rushing you with a shield up.

• @Tacid:

This isn’t the medieval era, it’s a video game. So are you saying there were men mage blinking around to dodge (MAA)? This game isn’t about realism.

The game is ambiented in the medieval era in case you don’t know, and because MAA has an strange dodge doesn’t mean the game isn’t medieval.

• @Tacid:

@The:

Knights are fine, I’ve yet to meet one I couldn’t kill with any other class.

My guess is you’re playing the terrible knights that do slash attacks out of range instead of just bull rushing you with a shield up.

Guess again. :)
    It’s been a week now since I bought the game. 26 hours in, met every possible kind of knights you could think of.
    I didn’t say they couldn’t beat me, I said I could kill them. None of them seemed OP to me, some were very good and could kill me 6 times in a round in which I killed them 5, but that’s pretty much it.

• Is extra health and extra armor actually 2 separate things?

• I disagree with op.
    did knights gain anything out of the latest patch ? I don’t know yet,
    As a player who only plays Knight. It is not as easy as you claim.

Archers for one always a danger. esp if you get into a duel trying to fight off a Man At Arms,
    btw who constantly stab and move dodge at you ,
    If you not run through by those Vanguards who know they out reach you, and just stab thrust at you
    not to mention I actually side stepped a vanguard charge to still recieve damage.? overhead charge stuff.

sometimes I can’t even move out of danger as our own archers block my exit, and our Man At Arms are jumping in front to kill. etc.

I am not complaining about any of the stuff I have mentioned but just letting you know its not all roses being a Knight. Why don’t you try playing as a Knight and see what you think coming up against very good players from other classes?

• @AngryDave:

Is extra health and extra armor actually 2 separate things?

No, and they don’t actually have extra health anyway. Every class has 100 hp and a varying degree of damage reduction.

• Knights have mauls, so they’re ok in my book… 8-)

• Just learn to parry and riposte and the LMB facehuggers won’t be a problem ;) knights don’t have it all that much better than other classes unless one is new and just spamming attacks.

• Give knights some kudos. Every other class has to hide behind them after all. You wouldn’t do the frontline job without such advantages,so why should they?

• @Escadin:

Give knights some kudos. Every other class has to hide behind them after all. You wouldn’t do the frontline job without such advantages,so why should they?

Actually the Vanguard is the frontline, and we don’t need no shield or plate armour ;P

• @manic:

@Escadin:

Give knights some kudos. Every other class has to hide behind them after all. You wouldn’t do the frontline job without such advantages,so why should they?

Actually the Vanguard is the frontline, and we don’t need no shield or plate armour ;P

Vanguard does way better covering up a knight from 2nd row :P It’s easier to killsteal or TK there too

• @Escadin:

@manic:

@Escadin:

Vanguard does way better covering up a knight from 2nd row :P It’s easier to killsteal or TK there too

Agreed, that is true. However the very name Vanguard inspires me to you know, be the vanguard ;)

This however usually does not work out well with knights on my team swinging large dense/sharp objects around my general cranial vicinity, and I go back to skirting the edges of battle.

• @manic:

Agreed, that is true. However the very name Vanguard inspires me to you know, be the vanguard ;)

This however usually does not work out well with knights on my team swinging large dense/sharp objects around my general cranial vicinity, and I go back to skirting the edges of battle.

It’s also kind of hard intrucing some class to a game that is historically an expendable and then balance it / make it fun to play ^^ I guess vanguard will never be up for this job. I might just be doing it wrong tho

• @manic:

That’s a stupid name anyway, there were no van to guard in the middle-ages.
    (i thought of photoshoping a Vanguard guarding a Volkswagen van, but I’m too lazy)

• @BGrey:

@AngryDave:

Is extra health and extra armor actually 2 separate things?

No, and they don’t actually have extra health anyway. Every class has 100 hp and a varying degree of damage reduction.

Which equals more health….

I agree they are overpowered… The only things I don’t like is the halberd type weapons and the knights.

When you can stab a knight 4 times and then he can just side swipe randomly and kill you that’s bull.

• I swear, every class is overpowered with you people