Knights

• @manic:

Agreed, that is true. However the very name Vanguard inspires me to you know, be the vanguard ;)

That’s a stupid name anyway, there were no van to guard in the middle-ages.
    (i thought of photoshoping a Vanguard guarding a Volkswagen van, but I’m too lazy)

• @BGrey:

@AngryDave:

Is extra health and extra armor actually 2 separate things?

No, and they don’t actually have extra health anyway. Every class has 100 hp and a varying degree of damage reduction.

Which equals more health….

I agree they are overpowered… The only things I don’t like is the halberd type weapons and the knights.

When you can stab a knight 4 times and then he can just side swipe randomly and kill you that’s bull.

• I swear, every class is overpowered with you people

• @sharkh20:

I swear, every class is overpowered with you people

Smoke pots are OP. Nerf plz.

• When you can stab a knight 4 times and then he can just side swipe randomly and kill you that’s bull.

No it isn’t when you pick a MMA or archer (and vanguard to lesser extent) you should be fully aware of your health limitations.
    If you go up against a knight you should be fighting with the easy knowledge that he can kill you in 1 to 2 hits, whilst you must hit him 5-8 times. This requires careful play with you forcing the knight to make mistakes, and hit him when it happens.

Your utmost priority as a MMA/Archer is Don’t Get Hit. Hitting them comes second. The knight sees this as reversed, his priority is to hit and do damage first, then don’t take damage. Blow for blow a knight will always win.

If you adjust your play style to make sure you don’t get damaged, you can easily take on 2 opponents and more if you have room to move. Whittle them away.

Many a knight has died to my Archers falchion hehe

• @Toll:

No it isn’t when you pick a MMA or archer (and vanguard to lesser extent) you should be fully aware of your health limitations.
    If you go up against a knight you should be fighting with the easy knowledge that he can kill you in 1 to 2 hits, whilst you must hit him 5-8 times. This requires careful play with you forcing the knight to make mistakes, and hit him when it happens.

Exactly.
    What would be the point of having 4 classes if they all had the same strenghts and weaknesses?

• If you go up against a knight you should be fighting with the easy knowledge that he can kill you in 1 to 2 hits, whilst you must hit him 5-8 times.

8 times? With what? Shield bashes? Knights go down in 2-4 hits, knights can kill other classes in 1-4 hits depending on the weapons and strikes used. Thats not really too imbalanced given how slow a knight is.

• MAA Norse sword stab takes around 5 hits to kill a Knight unless he is already hurt. Gota love that blood decal… The Falchion seems to take more.

• @Thylacine:

Which equals more health….

I agree they are overpowered… The only things I don’t like is the halberd type weapons and the knights.

When you can stab a knight 4 times and then he can just side swipe randomly and kill you that’s bull.

No, they have a hit point value and that is that. They have more EFFECTIVE hit points than other classes. Knowing this it would be wise to not get into a situation where you are trading hits with them, use your classes advantages. If you fight a knight with your Vanguard/MaA/Archer as if you were also a knight, you will lose.

@Toll:

MAA Norse sword stab takes around 5 hits to kill a Knight unless he is already hurt. Gota love that blood decal… The Falchion seems to take more.

This isn’t fencing, stop poking them in the foot and definitely don’t poke them in the foot when the most powerful attack for that weapon isn’t stab.

• let me state right off the bat i play Maa. this implies some bias but ill try to stick to the facts, or as i perceive them.

when a knight meets an Maa in battle a few facts are known. a knights needs 1 hit, possibly 2, but lets for arguments sake make it 1.

an Maa needs 4 hits, possibly 3, but lets keep that at 4.

when face to face, they start trading blows.
    now, the knight has 4 chances to deliver a death blow. the Maa has 1 chance, which resets after each succesful hit. the margin for error is alot higher for the knight in this case.

a valid tactic is for the knight to allow the Maa to hit him, as long as he can trade him back with the 1 hit killshot.

imbalance in my view means a disgusting advantage for a certain class. im sure thats not the case. but equal ? hell no.

• @Toll:

MAA Norse sword stab takes around 5 hits to kill a Knight unless he is already hurt. Gota love that blood decal… The Falchion seems to take more.

The falchion takes 3 hits to kill a knight, always, unless you are using thrusts. If you are using thrusts and expecting high damage, you misunderstand the game mechanics. Thrusting generally trades damage for reach, speed, and team safety. Use slashes with the falchion, and it owns.

@Teefy:

when a knight meets an Maa in battle a few facts are known. a knights needs 1 hit, possibly 2, but lets for arguments sake make it 1.

an Maa needs 4 hits, possibly 3, but lets keep that at 4.

Your argument is flawed from the start. You assume that the knight is consistently doing his maximum damage while you are dealing your minimum. The only knight weapons that will 1-shot a MAA are incredibly slow, which makes them much easier to block and flinch. On the other hand, as a MAA your attacks are incredibly fast, which makes them hard to block and good for flinching.

As a MAA, I find the best strategy to deal with a knight is to parry an attack and immediately press into his face and counter-attack. If he tries to swing again, he’ll be flinched. If he blocks, you’ll probably reach around the block because you are so close to him. Continue swinging at him until you miss or are blocked, and then go on the defensive again. Repeat until he’s dead.

And of course, using a weapon that does well against armor, like the falchion, flanged mace, or war axe is very helpful. If you’re every face more than one opponent, just use your speed to run away. Speed is life. I’m sure dodges are handy when you get good with them, but I’m not at that point yet.

• @Metrocop:

What do you expect from the man with the most advanced technology of its era?
    In the medieval era knights had advantage over people with no armor (that doesn’t mean you can’t kill a knight), all you can do is deal with it.

@loin:

I disagree with op.
    did knights gain anything out of the latest patch ? I don’t know yet,
    As a player who only plays Knight. It is not as easy as you claim.

Archers for one always a danger. esp if you get into a duel trying to fight off a Man At Arms,
    btw who constantly stab and move dodge at you ,
    If you not run through by those Vanguards who know they out reach you, and just stab thrust at you
    not to mention I actually side stepped a vanguard charge to still recieve damage.? overhead charge stuff.

sometimes I can’t even move out of danger as our own archers block my exit, and our Man At Arms are jumping in front to kill. etc.

I am not complaining about any of the stuff I have mentioned but just letting you know its not all roses being a Knight. Why don’t you try playing as a Knight and see what you think coming up against very good players from other classes?

I agree with Metrocop and Ioin so there is not much to say.

Tacid you have to understand that knights are supposed to be “tough guys” not oly in this game but in any game…I mean,they are knights!In the game even a single archer can be able to kill a knight in close combat.In reality to take down and kill a knight with plate armor,you will need 4 or 5 archers…You see,the weak spots of a knight with plate armor are his eyes,maybe his neck and his armpits.So the poorly armed archers or even regular infantry sometimes should take him down and immobilize him in order for them to kill him.

Do you still believe they are overpowered?

• I’ve found that the key thing to fighting Knights is keeping them in the proper range. They’re very slow, so this isn’t too hard. If you can strike them without being hit yourself, you’re doing it right.

• @TyrionLannister:

I’ve found that the key thing to fighting Knights is keeping them in the proper range. They’re very slow, so this isn’t too hard. If you can strike them without being hit yourself, you’re doing it right.

The proper way to fight knights is to run away screaming “HELP! I NEED HELP!” and finally being destroyed by a massive 2h weapon in the end when no one rescues you. 8-)

• To kill a knight use overhead on the Bardiche. Easily 2 hits knights.

For MaA, Mace. Headshots two hit. It’s actually crazy.

• @UnknownXV:

To kill a knight use overhead on the Bardiche. Easily 2 hits knights.

For MaA, Mace. Headshots two hit. It’s actually crazy.

Inaccurate, mace takes 3 hits to kill a knight like pretty much every other good MaA weapon. Two headshots will leave the Knight at 2 HP though, so you can kill him with a kick afterwards.

Cudgel from behind as an Archer, however, takes 2 if only one is a headshot. Also, on a slightly related note, a Heavy Javelin stab to the back of another archer’s skull is also a one hit kill. Backstab is very potent. I suspect the power of backstab is actually a reason why javelins do low damage for relatively slow primary weapons.

• Knights are the easiest class to become proficient with, but it’s not easy to be the best. In contrast, MAA takes the most amount of effort to reach proficiency, but it has a higher skill ceiling. Not a bad balance in my opinion.