Deadly Archers now

• Have you seen the new Archer? I mean the way that class is in new patch.
    Whilst stuck unable to play as a major config issue, I quickly joinned an empty server online, to check my rank. so I just random selected class, and got archer.
    Heart attack time lol. I hit the bullseye in middle as the fire button worked.
    The archer is really good now nice crosshair also.

Do the poor humble Knights have any chance now against these robin hoods ?

• I think the patch just made the game a whole lot better.

@loin:

yes

• lol im still better with the nerfed warbow, because I can’t adapt to the new arrow speed that fast. I’m pretty sure you can’t find any better archers than last week just yet. It’s probably just due to the extremely increased amount of archers on each team. More bows score more hits <.<

• They will all still have exploded heads due to my maul punishment I shall bestow upon them.

• I gave a try to the archers myself to see the changes. Usually it’s my least played class, but the patch made them quite playable.

• @The:

I gave a try to the archers myself to see the changes. Usually it’s my least played class, but the patch made them quite playable.

Sure it did but it’s not like there pro archers everywhere all of a sudden ^^ I still lost most of the games where we just had too many of them. They still have some learning curve although I’m glad it’s not that hard for newbies anymore.

• @Escadin:

@The:

I gave a try to the archers myself to see the changes. Usually it’s my least played class, but the patch made them quite playable.

Sure it did but it’s not like there pro archers everywhere all of a sudden ^^ I still lost most of the games where we just had too many of them.

Well no, definetly not. It didn’t made them OP by any means, just more playable.
    Before when I did pick the archer class, I sticked with the spear.

• Bows feel much nicer now, and there’s an actual reason to use crossbows! Great work. Also archering (not a word) isn’t easy mode. I learned the hard way how to do it before, and am getting better results as a result of the patch, but bad archers still abound. Learning curve is still there.

• Another thing are javs. I tried to figure how they’re supposed to work b4 the patch but they were kinda weird and then I got frustrated by the unlock bug. However, they are pretty awesome now, just had to unlock t2 and t3 jav and they feel so viable, yet demand an unsual unique tactic so they’re just like bows: hard but rewarding to learn.
    Btw, did sprinting alter jav’s trajectory / speed before the patch?

• @Escadin:

Another thing are javs. I tried to figure how they’re supposed to work b4 the patch but they were kinda weird and then I got frustrated by the unlock bug. However, they are pretty awesome now, just had to unlock t2 and t3 jav and they feel so viable, yet demand an unsual unique tactic so they’re just like bows: hard but rewarding to learn.

Yes it did. You added momentum to the throw from your run. Glad to see they fixed the 2 century reload, too.

• @Escadin:

Another thing are javs. I tried to figure how they’re supposed to work b4 the patch but they were kinda weird and then I got frustrated by the unlock bug. However, they are pretty awesome now, just had to unlock t2 and t3 jav and they feel so viable, yet demand an unsual unique tactic so they’re just like bows: hard but rewarding to learn.

I didn’t try the post-patch javelins yet.

@Escadin:

I don’t think it did, no.

• @The:

@Escadin:

@Escadin:

I don’t think it did, no.

As i mentioned earlier, yes it did ;)

Sprintig before a throw added momentum.

• @manic:

Well I’ll be damned. I didn’t notice any difference back then.

• @The:

@manic:

me 2 ^^

• @Escadin:

@The:

@manic:

me 2 ^^

I had noticed it but didn’t think much on it till i saw someone else postig they had noticed it too. Oh well, moot point now. At least they work properly now. Looking forward to unlocking the heavy jav!

• @loin:

Of course they do…Vanguards on the other hand ;)