Voice menu and steam name

• I really like the changes the patch brought but the voice menu has really gotten worse now.
    Before it was easy… click y --> 1 --> 2
    I think 5 was the highest number there is.

Now there is everything in 2 sub menus. So from 1 to 9 every number is a command.
    Now try to hit the 9 in the middle of a battle. It’s very hard.
    I would like to get the old menu back.

Considering steam names:
    Thank you for including this!
    Back can you maybe lift the text a bit? Right now the name is exactly on the character… it’s supposed to be above him.

Thanks for reading

• I agree on the voice menu, I know you can press the same button again to change the order, but I really don’t like having 6,7,8,9 and 0 with voice commands too.

• maybe they can do something like left 4 dead 1/ 2 do for the voice overs were the voice over menu pops up and you move your mouse over to the voice you want then let go of lets say, “X” for the voice to play.
    http://imgur.com/Q4YvF

• I like the patch but I hate the new command layout… Also I don’t like the way you have to be running to do a yell. I think you should either change it back to the way it was or have options to change it how you like…

I just got used to the new voice layout and now I have to memorize it again. But now it’s harder to press what you want. I really don’t like the whole flip idea…

And yea the whole radial menu for commands is the best way to do it. L4d and battlefield 2142 had this and it was great.

• I really like the new vcomm menu. If you want to say ‘no’ it’s x2, if you want to ‘laugh’ it’s xx2. Couldn’t be easier.

So instead of remembering ‘z’ + ‘context menu 1-5’ + ‘com 1-5’, it’s just z/x or zz/xx + 1-5. It’s an excellent design choice I would never have thought of myself.

As for the running battlecry, it’s makes more sense to use when you’re charging otherwise stick to v-com taunts or laughs or whatever. There are very few easily accessible keys and a lot of commands to bind, so the more context sensitive controls they add the more intuitive the game will feel. The new right click bow zoom is an excellent example of this.

• I also like new menu better - it’s less menus than it was before and it’s easier to find and confirm.

• @Holy.Death:

I also like new menu better - it’s less menus than it was before and it’s easier to find and confirm.

It’s 2 buttons for 2 different menus. Before it was one button to bring it up and a few number keys after that. I’m cool with different number keys for sub menus but pressing X and Y for either personal or tactical commands (in fact both are tactical so this is confusing) is too many keys.

I think I’ll get used to it but I really prefered how it was before.

• It’s 2 buttons for 2 different menus. Before it was one button to bring it up and a few number keys after that. I’m cool with different number keys for sub menus but pressing X and Y for either personal or tactical commands (in fact both are tactical so this is confusing) is too many keys.

I feel differently, because before I had 4 menus under one key and then I had to guess where was the option I wanted (from 1 to 4). A lot of guessing.

Now I press one of two keybindings and I have the whole list displayed. I also am fine with pressing 1-9, probably due to big hands and the way I know how to do it (thumb + ring fingers can reach 9 while moving WASD).

It’s just me though.

• Well, I’m actually learning the shortcuts. So after some time I don’t usually look what the text says. I just press x–>1–>2 etc, because I know what it does. I don’t need to see every option on one screen.