Men at Arms change after patch <<hidden nerfed

• Hi there,
    after the patch, it isn’t possible to doge while sprinting anymore
    Was this a bug in the previous version, that got fixed now or is this now a bug that needs to be fixed?
    Actually, it reduces the Men at Arms ’ agility by a lot and therefore nerves the whole class.

• no one knows that??

• cmon :|

• Spamming dodge is the most useless thing you can do. Only noobs have a hard time keeping track of you and parrying your blows and you’ll run out of stamina in a matter of seconds and die horribly. It’s not that big of a nerf.

• @kywild:

Spamming dodge is the most useless thing you can do. Only noobs have a hard time keeping track of you and parrying your blows and you’ll run out of stamina in a matter of seconds and die horribly. It’s not that big of a nerf.

He never said anything about spamming dodge, read again.

• if you are using dodge for mobility you are wasting stamina, only time i’d ever use it is to avoid blows when I aint got time to block. Or very rarely to dodge in and stab someone who misses a blow but usually its fast enough to sprint into them… and there’s really no need to do any of those type of dodges those while sprinting.

Edit: besides, try standing up from your chair and dodge back and forth some (irl) and then run for king and country and try to do the same, lets see how it goes. Sounds pretty silly to me, ergo a good fix ^^ And back to the point, its not nerfing the maa’s abilities in anyway…

• @kywild:

Or very rarely to dodge in and stab someone who misses a blow but usually its fast enough to sprint into them… and there’s really no need to do any of those type of dodges those while sprinting.

I disagree. I typically sprint while moving in combat and it’s annoying to have to remember to let go of sprint to make sure that I can dodge when necessary.

There’s no reason MAA should be unable to dodge while sprinting. It’s just another condition that must be dealt with for the time being (like not being able to dodge while holding a firepot either).

@kywild:

Edit: besides, try standing up from your chair and dodge back and forth some (irl) and then run for king and country and try to do the same, lets see how it goes. Sounds pretty silly to me, ergo a good fix ^^ And back to the point, its not nerfing the maa’s abilities in anyway…

With this logic you could make the same argument against daggers blocking 2 handers because it’s “unrealistic.”

Performing a quick dodge makes more sense while running than it does going from a standstill if it’s looked at from a “what’s more realistic” perspective.

• http://i.imgur.com/iQicP.jpg

Yeah he sure was nerfed.

• @MUSASHI:

http://i.imgur.com/iQicP.jpg

Yeah he sure was nerfed.

If we look past you showing your epeen to everyone in public, agree with me, one maa player to another, that it’s stupid to use excessive dodging :P I mean, I do like 1 dodge per game, usually by mistake when taping my movementkeys lol ^^

• I only dodge in critical situations

• @Rodelero:

I only dodge in critical situations

Thank you. I try to tell people this, because their dodging away their stamina makes me a sad panda lol.

• MAA can dodge while sprinting only after jumping, but it resets back to its (glitched?) state the second you let go of sprint. As you should be sprinting in just about every combat situation, this can be a problem at times.

The standard workaround is to stop sprinting just before dodging, then hitting sprint again to continue. This can be tricky though as holding shift at the tail end of the dodge will not trigger sprint at all, usually resulting in death.

• Mh so I started this thread not to discuss whether u like to dodge or not or when or how often.
    I just want to know if it is intended to not dodge while sprinting because as someone noticed here I also sprint while fighting so now I need to walk while dodging.
    Before the patch dodging while sprinting worked after doing an action, for example blocking, performing attack…
    Now after the patch it does not work at all while sprinting.
    Simple question: Bug or intended?

• Thanks for epeen and useless other stuff.
    I face the same problem.
    It also affects healthregen.

Any fixes?

It was like that before the patch too….it didn’t work without interrupting with a short tap of the sprint button after allrdy walking.

• @MUSASHI:

Yeah he sure was nerfed.

I lold so hard at this, 42-7 against 6 new and most likely terrible players? yeah your good.

fucking lol, you must cry if you ever meet one of the big boys if you need to brag like this

also that they removed the dodge while sprinting is fucking terrible, maa feels so clunky already its the reason i stopped playing maa, his skill ceiling just getting tossed away

• @x123:

@MUSASHI:

Yeah he sure was nerfed.

I lold so hard at this, 42-7 against 6 new and most likely terrible players? yeah your good.

fucking lol, you must cry if you ever meet one of the big boys if you need to brag like this

also that they removed the dodge while sprinting is fucking terrible, maa feels so clunky already its the reason i stopped playing maa, his skill ceiling just getting tossed away

I top the scoreboard in any game.

I beat rank 30+ in duel servers. You’re probably going to have to come to grips with the fact that 90% of the people that play this game are godawful(including you) no matter what rank they are.

Why don’t you duel me? I could beat you with any class. I was simply showing OP that the “nerf” doesn’t exist. You can still 4v1 people if you really try with MAA. Not waving my e-peen. Someone has issues…

• Keep it civil! No reason for personal attacks. I can attest Mus is good at MAA, even if he can be awfully rough around the edges with his posting style. Get back on topic discussing your dodging and leave the bickering for another place. And to the question, I believe it is intentional, I have to check to confirm that though.

• @vMega:

It was like that before the patch too….it didn’t work without interrupting with a short tap of the sprint button after allrdy walking.

I thought this as well, but I could not remember for sure.

@ChuckingIt:

And to the question, I believe it is intentional, I have to check to confirm that though.

It’s unfortunate if that’s the case because, as many have mentioned, it definitely adds a clunky mechanic to an otherwise fluid class.

If forcing players to be walking in order to dodge is an existing design decision, then I hope it’s given consideration for change.

• Yeah, I couldn’t dodge while sprinting before the patch either, so I don’t know what you are complaining about. But, unlike the others, I dodge a lot depending on what weapon i’m using. It’s usually when I am fighting 4-5 opponents at once pinballing between them.

• @ChuckingIt:

Keep it civil! No reason for personal attacks. I can attest Mus is good at MAA, even if he can be awfully rough around the edges with his posting style. Get back on topic discussing your dodging and leave the bickering for another place. And to the question, I believe it is intentional, I have to check to confirm that though.

Please let us know when u found something.