File Extraction Error

• Hello! So, after completing my download of the game from steam and attempting to run it for the first time I got this error:

I have verified the integrity of the game cache three times and this message still appears despite 100% of the files being successfully validated. I’m not sure how to solve this on my own, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

• How are you launching the game? Through Steam or from Windows Explorer or a shortcut on your desktop?

Try running the UE3Redist.exe from “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Redist”

• Hi! I am launching the game through my steam library.

I ran the .exe and got this:

My os is Windows 7 Home Premium

• Interesting. Try installing/reinstalling the VC redistributable package. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Also install (or run the repair tool included in it) the .NET 4.0 framework http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=17718

• Okay, I successfully Installed .NET 4.0 and restarted my computer, but hit a snag with VC package. I was not allowed to install as a more up to date version was already installed. I tried getting it running anyways and it still fails; same error message and everything so I’m guessing its VC?

heres the error message for VC

I validated the files and they remain at 100%
    thanks for helping me out!

• @MeatBeard:

Okay, I successfully Installed .NET 4.0 and restarted my computer, but hit a snag with VC package. I was not allowed to install as a more up to date version was already installed. I tried getting it running anyways and it still fails; same error message and everything so I’m guessing its VC?

Does the UE3Redist.exe run now or does it give the same or different error?

If it gives the same error, try uninstalling the VC 2010 redistributable package from control panel and then reinstalling it from a fresh download from Microsoft’s site.

• Alrighty,the UE3Redist.exe is still acting up too and gave me the same errors. I uninstalled and reinstalled VC2010 but unfortunately it didn’t get us anywhere.

• For kicks and giggles, could you post a DxDiag.txt please? Just so that we can get a better understanding of the system that you’re working with.

• When you try to launch the UE3Redist.exe, does it first pop up the UAC dialog asking for permission to make changes to your computer? Try right clicking it and running as administrator.

If that doesn’t help at all, try making a shortcut to the UE3Redist.exe and add “-progressonly” without the quotes to the end of the target (right click and select properties and you will see a target field. Add the -progressonly after everything already there include any quotes that already exist). Then try running it from the shortcut.

• the same exact thing is happening to me and every time i attempt to run ue3redist.exe it says i need windows xp service pack 3 installed. i go into properties to try to change compatibility mode and it won’t let me, im running as an administrator. Thoughts?

• i’ve tried everything and it still says i need microsoft xp service pack 3. i tried to go into properties and do compatibility mode but it is grayed out and says microsoft service pack 2. i am running it as an administrator. thoughts?

• sorry i posted twice lol

• alright now i went into troubleshoot compatibility and forced it into xp service pack 3, but the extraction error keeps coming up.

• Okay, so it’s not letting me run it as an admin; I’m just getting the Windows xp service pack 3 error

this is what happened after putting “-progressonly” included within the quotations as well as after the quotations on its own(“text”-progressonly)
    Hope I did it properly:

• @MeatBeard:

Okay, so it’s not letting me run it as an admin; I’m just getting the Windows xp service pack 3 error

this is what happened after putting “-progressonly” included within the quotations as well as after the quotations on its own(“text”-progressonly)
    Hope I did it properly:

Hmm no, do not include it within the quotations. It should be “….\UE3Redist.exe” -progressonly. BUT, with the new patch, UE3Redist goes away. Do you have a Launch.bat file in your steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\ folder? If so, run that (it will convert the UE3Redist.exe into smaller executable files). If not, you don’t seem to have the latest patch installed…

• aaah, -progressonly didn’t get us anywhere.

Is this the file you were mentioning? I had to run it as an admin to get it to this point. I looked at the problem details, but it didn’t have any apparent reason as to why it happened; just said it crashed. should I just re-install the whole game at this point?

• @MeatBeard:

aaah, -progressonly didn’t get us anywhere.

Is this the file you were mentioning? I had to run it as an admin to get it to this point. I looked at the problem details, but it didn’t have any apparent reason as to why it happened; just said it crashed. should I just re-install the whole game at this point?

Yup that is the file. If you reinstall, you won’t need to run that Launch.bat as the new patch already converts the redist files into the newer format. Try reinstalling.

• alright i reinstalled but i still have the launch file, and it keeps saying udk.exe has stopped working

• @gman8686:

alright i reinstalled but i still have the launch file, and it keeps saying udk.exe has stopped working

Would you please make a separate thread with your issue? I have a simple mind that easily gets confused when multiple people are talking on one support thread :?