POLE WEAPON DAMAGE

• Please reduce or eliminate the damage ALL POLE BASED WEAPONS do close range. Specially the swinging motions.

This makes no sense at all that the wooden shaft of a weapon does as much damage as the metal part.
    Please use some common sense.

By the way, your server browser does not show correct player numbers in servers. Unacceptable for 2012.

• @2hander:

Please reduce or eliminate the damage ALL POLE BASED WEAPONS do close range. Specially the swinging motions.

This makes no sense at all that the wooden shaft of a weapon does as much damage as the metal part.

By the way, your server browser does not show correct player numbers in servers. Unacceptable for 2012.

I agree that vanguards should have some distance to actually use their polearms.

By the way, they are working pretty hard to fix the bugs in the game. 2012 or not, you could maybe show a bit more respect to the devs who created such an awesome game. They’re doing their best to deliver the best game they can to us.

• @2hander:

Please reduce or eliminate the damage ALL POLE BASED WEAPONS do close range. Specially the swinging motions.

I agree, especially since many players just clinch on purpose.

@Slaughtervomit:

By the way, they are working pretty hard to fix the bugs in the game. 2012 or not, you could maybe show a bit more respect to the devs who created such an awesome game. They’re doing their best to deliver the best game they can to us.

I also agree.

• If you’re going down the ‘common sense’ route, also make it so that an MAA can’t lunge through my spear to facehug, if you’re gonna eliminate shaft damage.

• @manic:

If you’re going down the ‘common sense’ route, also make it so that an MAA can’t lunge through my spear to facehug, if you’re gonna eliminate shaft damage.

I sorta feel like the dodge is a bit faster than humaly possible… I almost feel like the dodge should be slowed down some and given a more realisitic animation.

I’m definatly not trying to start up a big debate on what’s wrong with every class, but just throwing in my 2 cents worth on that.

• This topic has been covered so many times. Please use the search function.

Reducing or removing polearm damage close range will render polearms useless and Vanguards will only be using swords and spears.

Closing distance is too easy in this game for this to be implemented.

Below is a quote from the lead dev regarding this subject.

@Tibberius:

I believe that the fast pace of both movement and mouse adjustment of swings during combat makes it so that polearms are better off functioning the way they do currently. I think that the idea of polearms doing damage only with their blades is a sound one, and works well on paper and in other games- but not at the movement and combat pace of Chivalry.

Conclusion: Not going to happen.

• I agree with the suggestion about the pole weapon damage,but they should check other things if they did like some details in speed and damage generally in these weapons.