[SOLVED] How turn off Friends list Names floating in game?

• Ok it was cool for about 20 secs. How do you toggle off the names of friends that float above them? Is this a server side option? PLEASE SAY YES and what is the cvar to disable it? Is there a way to reduce the size of the font? What ever happened to friend and enemy showing up on models in VERY SMALL FONT? Currently with this on you can find friends across the map, if you are playing on a server with a shit ton of friends all you see is names floating around…… Bad idea all around

SOLVED:
    In game
    turn off is Hitting the “H” default HUD Key till the names disappear.

SERVER SIDE
    Thanks to DirtyJobs here is the server side CVAR to turn this shit off….

PCServer-UDKGame.ini
    [AOC.AOCGame]
    bAllowFriendNotification=False

change it from TRUE to FALSE and restart your server

Still having to restart the server every time you make a server change is annoying as hell

• Yes please, we need to remove this names, this new options has no sense, I hope that new feature has optional and we will remove this in our server. We can play with a bunch of text floating arround the screen and we cant hide or play archers duels… I dont like this. :?

• Agreed. I don’t have enough chivalrous (sp?) friends for this to be an issue, but it sounds annoying and should be an option/toggle client-side.

• Yeah, it works very good for me but I only have two friends who just bought it today.
    It must be a complete mess playing with 16 friends.

• I didn’t like this either. It’s not needed at all if you ask me. At least have an option to turn it off.
    The names are too big too…

• Yes please, quit this “feature” or made it optional, is annoying play with this some FFA with friends…

• Developer

Press H to toggle. If you press it twice both hud markers and friend markers will disappear, 3 times and both will come back.

• @Tibberius:

Press H to toggle. If you press it twice both hud markers and friend markers will disappear, 3 times and both will come back.

Awesome! Put this in helptext somewhere next update, please ;)

• Also, if you go into your configuration and check the keybindings, you can change that H button to something else if it’s easier for you. It’s called Toggle Hud Markers.

• I personally like the feature. If I’m being 3v1’d and I’m playing with friends(usually only 1 or 2) instead of trying to explain where I am, they can just find me by my name and help out. BUT the names still show in FFA, so that’s not ideal because my friends tend to go after me and only me :(. It’s like a built in wallhack in that aspect lol.

• @Retsnom:

Ok it was cool for about 20 secs. How do you toggle off the names of friends that float above them? Is this a server side option? PLEASE SAY YES and what is the cvar to disable it? Is there a way to reduce the size of the font? What ever happened to friend and enemy showing up on models in VERY SMALL FONT? Currently with this on you can find friends across the map, if you are playing on a server with a shit ton of friends all you see is names floating around…… Bad idea all around

It’s not a bad idea all around. It’s a great feature as you can easily find your friends now which was not possible before; and you can toggle it off with H as you can toggle off everything.

But I agree the font could be smaller and more subtle (same for objectives acutally), plus the position of the text could be lifted. From afar it looks like the text is ON the character model rather than above it.

venomblade
    BUT the names still show in FFA, so that’s not ideal because my friends tend to go after me and only me . It’s like a built in wallhack in that aspect lol.

That cannot be a serious point of critique. Why wouldn’t you want to find your friends in a FFA? If you don’t like to play with them change the server ^^

On the other hand: it could be a server side option. There are servers with 1st person only. So, for the realism guys it could be an option. But I really don’t see any downsides on togglable friend markers.

edit: I’m sure the steam friends names won’t appear when you’re not connected to steam’s friend list, right?

• I tried, still appearing the name if you disconnect from steam friends.

• @Richi:

I tried, still appearing the name if you disconnect from steam friends.

Weird. Shouldn’t happen…

• Press H is not a solution, even if I hidde all, other player still see me and I cant hide as archer or ambush in our private ffa game. This option has no sense.

• @Noruas:

Press H is not a solution, even if I hidde all, other player still see me and I cant hide as archer or ambush in our private ffa game. This option has no sense.

+1 Made this optional for server side and for client or remove it….

• @Noruas:

Press H is not a solution, even if I hidde all, other player still see me and I cant hide as archer or ambush in our private ffa game. This option has no sense.

Other players would also have to press h. They can only see you if you are on their team I believe**. I’m not sure how that plays out in FFA though.

• Noruas

Other players… well your steam friends, and only team mates. You’re not supposed to befriend everybody ;P

• @Siegbert:

You’re not supposed to befriend everybody ;P

Obviously that would equate to having fun… and we know the rules around here. No FUN allowed!! :o

• cough

But yes, if they are on your friend list, unless all all your friends press H (or said equivalent), they will be able to see you. It’s still a bit buggy in my opinion anyways, as sometimes one friend shows up only, or all show up. It’s still a new thing, so I’m sure the kinks will be worked out and perhaps be an optional/server side thing in the future.

• @ReMixx:

@Siegbert:

You’re not supposed to befriend everybody ;P

Obviously that would equate to having fun… and we know the rules around here. No FUN allowed!! :o

What’s so fun about having everbody in the friends list who used to be on the same server as you once? I use to have people on there who I actually talk with. And it’s not THAT many.