Permanent corpses/bodyparts

• ^title.

I would love there to be a permanent corpses option (toggleable for those with less hefty video setups). I want to be able to view the aftermath of battle and revel in piles of bodies, and have great screenshots of the piles of the formerly alive in front of the sieged gates, or a trail of heroic corpses along the wagon trail.

I want to fight Knee Deep in the Dead.

Also, BLOOD FOR THE BLOO- I mean, it would further add to realism and immersion.

• I would also like this as an option and blood stains on the ground. I think the devs had said they are working on this so its only a matter of time.

• Sooooooooon <3 Cant wait to see the bodies pile up haha!

Then on goes the firepot!

• As far as I know there is collision with dead bodies which kind of makes this imbalanced. Considering someone who has it enabled needs to walk through a pile of bodies and someone who doesn’t really can just walk through the bodies unhindered. So really this only practically works if there is no collision which on the other hand would make it look a lot worse.

• @qlum:

As far as I know there is collision with dead bodies which kind of makes this imbalanced. Considering someone who has it enabled needs to walk through a pile of bodies and someone who doesn’t really can just walk through the bodies unhindered. So really this only practically works if there is no collision which on the other hand would make it look a lot worse.

players cant collide with corpses, they only collide with the world and can interact with our weapons, but nothing else.

Anyways, if they find a way to have a better performation, they may be able to make this posible or to increase the max number of bodies, otherwise it would just eat away all your RAM and let you lagging like hell after a few mins of battle.

• seems to me that the length of time ragdolls are kept is a server variable and not client side, the reason they disappear is to not increase server cpu load for having to render them, after 20 min of battle there would be hundreds, causing server cpu load to go through the roof and lagging the user to hell.

• @dirtyjob:

seems to me that the length of time ragdolls are kept is a server variable and not client side, the reason they disappear is to not increase server cpu load for having to render them, after 20 min of battle there would be hundreds, causing server cpu load to go through the roof and lagging the user to hell.

What i have seen some games do with persistent bodies is have them stop ragdoig after x time, and then they just become like decals. And of course there would be an option to turn this on or off.