Give MAA a Dodge Animation

• As it is now the Man at Arms dodge looks more like a teliport, I would like to see it slowed down slightly and have an actual animation attached instead of just a weird tweaking motion. Maybe remove the current dodge completly and add in rolls for the side dodge and jumps for forward and back.

• Right. That’s actually something that bugged me since alpha. I thought it would be reworked until release but apparently the devs didn’t think it’s that urgent. (same with this weird shrinking when entering ballista).

• Yes yes and yes. They don’t dodge so much, it’s more like teleport!

• @Slaughtervomit:

Yes yes and yes. They don’t dodge so much, it’s more like teleport!

It ends up looking like lag porting more then any type of dodge.

• ya this is very irritating, its like a hack for gods sake, no one can move that fast less your on redbull and blow and a handfull of reds.

If a proper animation cant be done then simply get rid of it entirely and increase their running speed instead.

• @dirtyjob:

ya this is very irritating, its like a hack for gods sake, no one can move that fast less your on redbull and blow and a handfull of reds.

If a proper animation cant be done then simply get rid of it entirely and increase their running speed instead.

What they could do is get rid of the port dodge and make it so MAA walks at the speed of a vanguards sprint and when you push sprint you run very fast but also quickly lose stamina.

• Front and backward dodges look pretty nice for me, still i may change a bit side dodges, but i dont think they are that werid. Ofcourse they could be better and you could see the animation better if he dodged in a slower way, but that would make Maa weaker.

• Yes, people that are new, when they see the dodge, they are automatically like “OMG SO AND SO IS SPEED HACKING”…, so yeah, that’s definitely something that should be fixed.

• I have addressed this since i started playing the beta i have been asking to make the dodge a bit more human like, like more a side hop. I have been calling this dodge a jedi dodge since i know it. When playing as maa (and i very rarely do) it really feel cheap to dodge left and right and than dodge forward and stab someone lightning fast.

• I also agree with the OP.First time I saw it I thought the guy was lagging badly.