Back to the Same Old Trashy Game

• So I was playing this game just fine for 8 hours last night. After the patch, I’m completely unable to connect to any server at all.

Surely there’s no need to post my specs here (and there’s definitely no reason to post a dxdiag) but here’s the specs anyway:

Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz turbo) overclocked to 5.02GHz (which ran the game fine yesterday)
    64 GB RAM on 64-bit Win7
    GTX 690 Hydro Copper 4GB video card

• Love this game. Im sorry for your troubles but its certainly a great title

• @VarangianFrog:

64 GB RAM on 64-bit Win7

Holy crap! :o

• @ReMixx:

@VarangianFrog:

64 GB RAM on 64-bit Win7

Holy crap! :o

What the… Agreed.

Hopefully we can find a solution to your problem.

• A DXDIAG is always important as it shows multiple layers of troubleshooting for the team. Regardless of your equipment being overly impressive and RAM Tough!, it can show underlying works of your hardware and the software it’s using to communicate with.

Though your setup is great, I’m running on something much lower and not getting a similar issue at all.

Would you be able to post how your network is set up? Your ISP and Services ? Your AntiVirus Program? Firewall Settings and other relevant network related content that’s won’t jeopardize your privacy and integrity?

• I have same problem.

What do you mean to post network setup - Services? I dont use any antivirus SW, Firewall is down and cannot connect to any server as well.

• if you dont use ANY AVSW that could be the reason why.

• If it was my firewall/network/AV settings, why could I play on any server except the official ones as of a few days ago, but nothing has changed since and I can’t play on them?

Mind you, I’ve been having a great time playing BLOPS2 and war of the roses while chivalry hasn’t worked. Maybe the solution is to just wait until the game is out of beta and not having the beta problems still (oh wait…)

EDIT: My ISP is Starlink, and I use a corporate line from them (no other users on the line though, I just like my internet to not suck). I was playing pre-patch on US servers with very low ping (100ms or so). Now, it refuses to connect to any server except the official multiplay ones, which are ofc completely blank.

• You tried deleting/renaming C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob ?

• @ZorisX:

if you dont use ANY AVSW that could be the reason why.

What the BULLSHIT is this? :o What has non-present AVSW common with internnet connection?

Moreover, before patch I could connect to servers. Now I can. And changed only that I had patch installed. :D

• @lordali:

@ZorisX:

if you dont use ANY AVSW that could be the reason why.

What the BULLSHIT is this? :o What has non-present AVSW common with internnet connection?

Moreover, before patch I could connect to servers. Now I can. And changed only that I had patch installed. :D

Now you can or cannot? Are you saying that installing antivirus software allowed you see connect to servers?

• No, after patch I cannot connect to any server. Sorry, in the above post should be “Now I cant”.
    Configuration is unchanged. Patch is downgrade instead of upgrade.

• @lordali:

No, after patch I cannot connect to any server. Sorry, in the above post should be “Now I cant”.
    Configuration is unchanged. Patch is downgrade instead of upgrade.

Can you connect manually to servers from the in-game console?

• I’m just saying man…those advanced masons could be messin with your stuff :)

Open your network ports (especially steam ones)

• @ZorisX:

I’m just saying man…those advanced masons could be messin with your stuff :)

Open your network ports (especially steam ones)

Advanced Masons? Masons are dumb! So dumb. Really dumb. Fo’ real.

Masons are all like, “Mason spelled backwards is Nasom!!! Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.”

• My browser can find servers. I see a lot of servers. Problem is that it freeze in “Loading game…” and it disconnect my network from internet for ~5mins. Sometimes help Repair in network control panel. Disconnecting from internet was also problem with the game before patch, but I could connect to some servers sometimes.

I had never had a problem like this with steam games. I can check network ports, but dont believe this is the problem.

• @lordali:

My browser can find servers. I see a lot of servers. Problem is that it freeze in “Loading game…” and it disconnect my network from internet for ~5mins. Sometimes help Repair in network control panel. Disconnecting from internet was also problem with the game before patch, but I could connect to some servers sometimes.

I had never had a problem like this with steam games. I can check network ports, but dont believe this is the problem.

See if you can update your network card drivers in your PC. It seems to be overloading with packets…