More news?

• Hey guys, I dont post here at all but I do check very regularly & I wanted to suggest something.
    Its not gameplay related but its a suggestion nonetheless :P

Also, I know that the devs said that theyll give more news late on but still, I barely hear anything about this game & Id like to know more.

IDK if you guys know the game Overgrowth, But Id like to see something like that for C:MW.
    The devs in that game post a vid for Every alpha update they do & Show you the new things…
    Its entertaining to watch even though you dont have the game (Like me) & At the same time advertises the game a little, You have no idea how many people Ive shown those vids just coz they are pretty cool :P

I liked the Chivalry dev vids & Id like to see more of them, Even small changes like “We changed how the knight looks” would be better than hearing NOTHING at all about the game for months.

Id just like to hear more… I forget this game & After a few weeks something reminds me of it, I come check & Nothing new… Then forget about it again.
    I talk with some people about Age Of Chivalry sometimes & I only say “They are gonna release a new version someday” when Im finished talking about AoC because theres nohing more to say…

-Thanks ;D

EDIT: Id prefer Dev Videos than trailers, Dev videos actually show us about the game while trailers are just like: “Oh cool!” & Done.
    Just open the game, Plug your mic & Talk about the game a bit while you play or something, Its not that hard O.o
    When I first heard about C:MW I was PUMPED, Now I dont really care honestly…Im not waiting for it, Im just living & If someday I hear something abotu it Id gladly check it out butyeah, Thats it. No hype for me anymore :\

• They just posted a new trailer a few weeks ago. That’s not exactly “nothing for months”.

• With their small of a development team it’s pretty hard to develop quality videos as well as develop their game at a decent pace. They also don’t want to show some things they have implemented.

• I’m pretty content checking in on the forums here and there and discussing things.

• @Vox:

With their small of a development team it’s pretty hard to develop quality videos as well as develop their game at a decent pace. They also don’t want to show some things they have implemented.

Wow… Forgot about this, Sorry ^^"
    Anyways, Why dont they wanna show some things? I really dont see the point of it, Its not like theyre making an AAA super secret awesome game that could be stolen here :P

And yeah, We got a trailer not so long ago (Kinda long now I guess) but it wasnt really exciting, Nothing really new… Like I said: Id prefer to know about changes/implementations than see some video of people cutting eachother :D

• Developer

We’ll likely be pretty quiet for another month or so. After that, we plan on blowing the lid off this thing and showing you guys some really awesome stuff we’ve been working on. The reason why we haven’t been releasing a ton of news and content to date is because we weren’t at the quality level we knew we wanted to hit, so we’ve only been teasing and half showing things. Now, internally, the build is feeling great and with a month or so more polish will be ready to show you guys something that will be a lot more representative of the final product.

• If I may speak for myself- I’m very very hyped about Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. I rarely post but I check the forums daily and I am very eager to see more videos and content but I understand that whatever the developer team has decided to do, they’re doing the right thing because no one knows and loves this game more than them.

• @LiNcKz:

Just open the game, Plug your mic & Talk about the game a bit while you play or something, Its not that hard O.o

Now there is some ignorance for you, How about this, you develop a game, not only that a nice looking one with as much of a fan base that Chivalry has. But here is the catch apart from developing it full time make a video on it.
    Quite frankly videos are not just plug and play, they require editing, a 2 minute video might have a few hours of unrefined game play behind it, all of which needs to be sorted through and trimmed down, so lets see 2 hours of playing the game
    2.5 hours of refining it
    and then another half hour of voice overs/ re takes
    I might be over exaggerating but still it takes a fair amount of time to make a decent video. Alot more than what the video turns out to be.

• Actually, you’re only slightly exaggerating. It usually takes a bit longer. I’ve edited videos where it took me 4 hours to get the shots I wanted, it took me 2 days to edit it and get the sound mix to work where I wanted it to, and all of that for one single minute of semi-final video. Then comes the day or two of refining until I get it pared down to make it feel right in all areas of the video. And that’s for the stuff I did a couple years ago, and I take more time to make sure what I get is actually GOOD, now.

It takes a LONG time to make videos. These short hack-jobs of people just plugging in their mics and talking while playing leads to a lot of boring stuff, video that doesn’t show you what you want to see, and a lot of annoying things that should be taken out, even in amateur productions like mine.