Crashes After Patch

• I was having this problem before the patch, and I was hoping it would fix it; however, it didn’t. I’ll just be getting into a game, picking my class, getting the countdown to spawn and crash. Screen either goes completely black, or orange and black vertical bars. I’ve turned all the settings down, and it still does it. It’s really starting to frustrate me, not being able to play a game I just payed for. If I could get some assistance on this matter, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Ew that’s gross! Well, it looks like your graphics card drivers are out of date - driver version date from 2010. Try downloading the latest Catalyst drivers from AMD’s site.

Edit:
    Also, are you playing against bots or humans? There’s a known bug while playing against bots sometimes and your log file mentions fire arrows (only available to bots right now), that’s why I ask.

• I can’t get a new driver. Something about HP and AMD. Apparently AMD makes specific cards for HP and makes them give out their own updates. So I have to get the updates from HP’s website, and that’s the latest version they have. Unless you want to help me get them from AMD, because every time I’ve tried it’s never worked.

And yes, I was playing against bots the last time I crashed.

• @zibbiezone:

I can’t get a new driver. Something about HP and AMD. Apparently AMD makes specific cards for HP and makes them give out their own updates. So I have to get the updates from HP’s website, and that’s the latest version they have. Unless you want to help me get them from AMD, because every time I’ve tried it’s never worked.

And yes, I was playing against bots the last time I crashed.

Not sure what to say on the drivers other than I HATE WHEN THEY DO THAT. If you’re daring, you might try installing one of the drivers suggested here… but do so at your own risk and I am not responsible whatsoever for anything that happens to your computer of if kittens die. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366900

For playing with bots:

The game is crashing when fighting against bots offline
    This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next patch.

That’s from the read first known issues post. Does it happen when playing real people?

• Does this look like it could work? It’s the first one I saw that had my card (well… it says 5600 series.)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=365082

And I’m going to try it now, see if it does.

• @zibbiezone:

Does this look like it could work? It’s the first one I saw that had my card (well… it says 5600 series.)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=365082

And I’m going to try it now, see if it does.

Well that one guy Glodan or whatever said that 12.7 worked for him. 12.7 isn’t the latest over there anymore though. I think this is: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370055

• Just tried playing against players and I still crashed. Here’s the log, in case you want it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I used to have this problem with Team Fortress 2, but now I play it just fine. I don’t know what the deal is there, what I did to fix it, or anything. It just stopped crashing. There wasn’t a patch. Maybe I rubbed my computer the right way Who knows?

• @zibbiezone:

Just tried playing against players and I still crashed. Here’s the log, in case you want it.

It crashed? I was under the opinion from the first post that you could still play with other people but there were artifacts on your screen. So you join a server and it crashes immediately?

• Almost immediately. I pick a team and class then wait to spawn, then it crashed.

• @zibbiezone:

Almost immediately. I pick a team and class then wait to spawn, then it crashed.

Okay. Would you please go into your Windows Event Viewer, click Windows Logs, Application subcategory, and find the error relating to UDK and post its description here? Let’s see what module (.dll) is faulting on it.

• I have no idea what I’m doing here. Can you give me a little bit more detail? I’m in the Application subcategory.

• @zibbiezone:

I have no idea what I’m doing here. Can you give me a little bit more detail? I’m in the Application subcategory.

So when you click on the Application subcategory, the main section of the window will show a list of items (events) about applications. Every time an application crashes, it should post an event about it in there. So look through them until you find the one caused by UDK.exe. Once you find it, copy and paste the information in the section below the event list.

• Look under source for UDK.exe? Because I’m not seeing any there.

• @zibbiezone:

Look under source for UDK.exe? Because I’m not seeing any there.

You can try clicking on “Find” on the right-side panel and searching for UDK.

• Sorry for the late reply. Hope you’re still willing to help. Here’s the first one.

! Faulting application name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x5085a54e
    ! Faulting module name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x5085a54e
    ! Exception code: 0xc0000005
    ! Fault offset: 0x008e084a
    ! Faulting process id: 0x15a8
    ! Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc721471b2d4f
    ! Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    ! Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    ! Report Id: a53a0c22-3315-11e2-9533-f0aa31c0a0a6

Second

! Fault bucket 3147812764, type 5
    ! Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
    ! Response: Not available
    ! Cab Id: 0
    !
    ! Problem signature:
    ! P1: UDK.exe
    ! P2: 1.0.10246.0
    ! P3: 6.1.7601.2.1.0
    ! P4:
    ! P5:
    ! P6:
    ! P7:
    ! P8:
    ! P9:
    ! P10:
    !
    ! Attached files:
    ! C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\RDRF69B.tmp\empty.txt
    !
    ! These files may be available here:
    !
    !
    ! Analysis symbol:
    ! Rechecking for solution: 0
    ! Report Id: 476b14c6-3298-11e2-95b0-ca6bf344a6be
    ! Report Status: 0

Hope that’s what you were talking about by description.

• @zibbiezone:

Sorry for the late reply. Hope you’re still willing to help. Here’s the first one.

! Faulting application name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x5085a54e
    ! Faulting module name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x5085a54e
    ! Exception code: 0xc0000005
    ! Fault offset: 0x008e084a
    ! Faulting process id: 0x15a8
    ! Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc721471b2d4f
    ! Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    ! Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    ! Report Id: a53a0c22-3315-11e2-9533-f0aa31c0a0a6

Second

! Fault bucket 3147812764, type 5
    ! Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
    ! Response: Not available
    ! Cab Id: 0
    !
    ! Problem signature:
    ! P1: UDK.exe
    ! P2: 1.0.10246.0
    ! P3: 6.1.7601.2.1.0
    ! P4:
    ! P5:
    ! P6:
    ! P7:
    ! P8:
    ! P9:
    ! P10:
    !
    ! Attached files:
    ! C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\RDRF69B.tmp\empty.txt
    !
    ! These files may be available here:
    !
    !
    ! Analysis symbol:
    ! Rechecking for solution: 0
    ! Report Id: 476b14c6-3298-11e2-95b0-ca6bf344a6be
    ! Report Status: 0

Hope that’s what you were talking about by description.

Well that’s a new one on me. Are you still on those unofficial drivers? I looked back at your original DxDiag.txt and found drivers on HP’s site that were newer than what you originally had.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-101852-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=4266089&sw_lang=

Try uninstalling what you have and installing back to this older (albeit newer than you first had) version?

Edit: Now that I look at it, the version numbers are the same. The dates are different though… what the heck HP?

• I honestly have no idea what HP does sometimes. They’re a weird bunch. It’s the newest driver on the page though. The newest thing they have at all is from early 2011 I believe. :\

So what can we try next?

• @zibbiezone:

I honestly have no idea what HP does sometimes. They’re a weird bunch. It’s the newest driver on the page though. The newest thing they have at all is from early 2011 I believe. :\

So what can we try next?

Early 2011 is better than you started with!

Well… the Hail Mary is to try this: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6174

If that doesn’t work, I am officially out of ideas and can only recommend to reformat Windows :(
    Reformatting may not be a bad idea at this point…

• The thing from 2011 is stuff like the Support Assistant, useless basically. Guess I can try that, verifying the game cache sounds similar to what I did to TF2 to get it to work. Here’s hoping. :D

Tell me more of this reformatting. Is it a difficult/lengthy procedure?

• Sorry for the double post, thought it would be clearer to make another post rather than edit the other one.

Tried deleting the config and verifying the cache, that didn’t work either. Here’s a short video I made, didn’t catch it actually crashing though. /watch?v=iAYzDQ_Q4lM&feature=g-upl