New server browser + what exactly changed with feints?

• hi

what happened to feints?
    ingame i feel no difference, i read the patchnotes but didnt get whats different now

the server browser is exactly as bad at it was before
    the servers are sill showing the wrong numbers of players on it.

when i try to find a duel-server it gives me 12 nearly-full servers, but in reality i am lucky if one of them has 3 players, so i have to connect to all of them to find out like i had to before.

its frustrating woth the other modes aswell.

why wasnt that patched, can it be so hard?
    u let it be like this for a month, then u get a huge patch out and nothing changes?

• I am only guessing here, but it’s probably how Steam master server works. The devs didn’t care to create their own, so we have to suffer the Steam one.

• no, they were aware of the problem and claimed that this patch would fix it

• I haven’t had a problem finding people in servers. Check server info on the one you are about to join to see if people are actually there.

• @Vyy:

hi

what happened to feints?
    ingame i feel no difference, i read the patchnotes but didnt get whats different now

You can have the same keys for feint and parry now if you want. But it results in double clicking the same button if you want to cancel your swing and parry thereafter. It should work simultaneously imo.
    I mean, in a real sword combat would you first take your sword down before trying to parry the opponent’s sword?

Also I don’t get why there are 2 options for feinting in the key binding menu. There is “cancel attack (feint)” and “feint (only melee)” or something like that. I see no difference.

• what i mean is the windup etc. changes to feints

• It’s to prevent chaining multiple feints and actions together really fast by spamming. This was found to cause some exploits and animation glitches. They are trying to make combat more desisive.

“feint(melee only)” is proble a separate action that just allows feint to work with the right mouse button will sharing different actions at the same time.

• its still possible to chain multiple feints together in rapid succession as it was before

• i played 130hrs + and i tell you i see feint diffrence… u cant attack so fast after feint now

and server browser is still worthless… they changed nothing at this point not including visual changes

• @marazis:

and server browser is still worthless… they changed nothing at this point not including visual changes

Well it actually works for me now, so I think that’s a pretty big change. Plus there are a few new features. Not sure what feature you are looking for.

• @Vyy:

its still possible to chain multiple feints together in rapid succession as it was before

How? There’s a .2-4 second delay depending on weapon/attack before you can attack after feinting.