UDK exe not responding

• Hello I’ve bought chivalry on steam recently, (only yesterday) but when I launched the game for the first time it just crashed with an error message of UDK exe not responding. I’ve tried verifying the game cache repeatedly, updated gpu and cpu drivers and my system specs are greater than the minimum. I’ve had a look over the forums and it seems like a common problem but I have yet to see a solution. It’s a really bummer because I have been waiting to play this game for quite some time. Someone please reply with solution if I have in fact missed it.

Thanks in advance.

• I’ve got the same problem, would really fucking help if atleast SOMEONE from Torn Banner could help us out… Just wanna play the game I payed for…

• @johnsmith312:

Hello I’ve bought chivalry on steam recently, (only yesterday) but when I launched the game for the first time it just crashed with an error message of UDK exe not responding. I’ve tried verifying the game cache repeatedly, updated gpu and cpu drivers and my system specs are greater than the minimum. I’ve had a look over the forums and it seems like a common problem but I have yet to see a solution. It’s a really bummer because I have been waiting to buy this game for quite some time. Someone please reply with solution if I have in fact missed it.

Thanks in advance.

Please look into your Event Viewer, click the start menu button, type in event viewer into the search field, and open the app. From there, click on Windows Logs and the sub category of Application on the left. Please post the details for the crash relating to UDK.exe here. I’m looking to see what module (.dll) faulted.

• @ReMixx:

Please look into your Event Viewer, click the start menu button, type in event viewer into the search field, and open the app. From there, click on Windows Logs and the sub category of Application on the left. Please post the details for the crash relating to UDK.exe here. I’m looking to see what module (.dll) faulted.

I too just bought the game and get the UDK.exe crashes, game cache verified etc…

Faulting application name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x50ad4099
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17932, time stamp: 0x50327672
    Exception code: 0x00000001
    Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
    Faulting process id: 0x18c4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc98697927467
    Faulting application path: D:\Pelit\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

• This $@#$!@$$%@!! kernelbase.dll is dying for everyone today. Stay tuned as we try to get a dev to investigate.

• This is the error I received.

Faulting application name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x50ad4099
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17932, time stamp: 0x50327672
    Exception code: 0x00000001
    Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
    Faulting process id: 0x1018
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc9d657257bc0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 9da0ca77-35c9-11e2-b219-b870f454ee8d

Thanks for looking into it.

• Hey, I found a fix that worked for me with this problem. I made a video of the solution here:

eiuCbY2oOSU