Replace Archer Autoundraw with Stamina Drain + Bugs

• It is very annoying to line up a bow shot only to have it undraw. I suggest letting it drain some stamina instead, once it reaches that point. This would give archers something to spend stamina on, and it would counter the slower draw speed we already received in the patch somewhat, if we have the stamina for it.

Bugs I noticed:
    BUG: Kicking is broken for bow archers.
    BUG: If a javelin is held and ready to be thrown, you can not start to sprint. However if you are sprinting and charge one up, you can completly stop, then start moving again and start to sprint, as long as you never threw it.

• @Pasakoye:

It is very annoying to line up a bow shot only to have it undraw. I suggest letting it drain some stamina instead, once it reaches that point. This would give archers something to spend stamina on, and it would counter the slower draw speed we already received in the patch somewhat, if we have the stamina for it.

Bugs I noticed:
    BUG: Kicking is broken for bow archers.
    BUG: If a javelin is held and ready to be thrown, you can not start to sprint. However if you are sprinting and charge one up, you can completly stop, then start moving again and start to sprint, as long as you never threw it.

So archer is useless in melee after a few shots?

• I agree with stamina drain for holding a bow drawn instead of the auto-undraw, it would be a much more immersive solution and give you immediate feedback on how long you can hold your bow drawn. It’d also help balance warbow vs. alternatives.

• Well it would leave every archer with no stamina once someone comes into melee range. Why not make archers autostunned and remove their ability to combo.
    As a result all archers will play like chickens -didn’t think you like that.

I agree it’s a nice mechanic in theory, but crippling archers stamina in melee situations will not turn out well. A slight nerf might be discussable, but assuming to be totally out of stamina after a certain amount of shots is too much.
    To avoid this, people will spend less time aiming and more time spraying. On the other hand, if it’s not too much stamina drain, nobody will care and there is no drawback at all.

I’m happy the way it is, giving crossbows an advantage over bows in this point. They deserve it anyway and it’s realistic too. Xbowmen could wait all day till the target shows up, archer had to catch the right timing.

• Stamina isn’t a big deal for archers at all, even in melee.

• @SlyGoat:

Stamina isn’t a big deal for archers at all, even in melee.

Why not? Archer’s melee weapons lack reach compared to other and you can’t get close to a vanguard or knight while you fly 3m away everytime you block. They will just push you around until your guard breaks or one of you becomes reinforced.

• I agree with stamina drain when drawing a bow and holding it.The stamina drain though should be slow like running but when you fire arrows unstoppably the drain rate should be increasingly more.

I think it’s both fair and right.

• @Escadin:

@SlyGoat:

Why not? Archer’s melee weapons lack reach compared to other and you can’t get close to a vanguard or knight while you fly 3m away everytime you block. They will just push you around until your guard breaks or one of you becomes reinforced.

Having more stamina doesn’t change that. Vanguards are really the only class that have knockback and reach considerable enough to keep you out of range anyway - and archers are the best counter to vanguards, so that’s perfectly fine. Onehanded weapons take less stamina to combo or miss an attack, and archer melee in particular have the lowest stamina cost to feint. Archers are also a light class so they take less stamina to kick and jump. Combined with their lack of shield and dodge, they don’t really have many actions that drain their stamina unless all you do is parry spam.

• Well you got a point there. On second thought, this might be a good idea after all.

Still, archers can feint, block and combo. They can spend stamina just like every other class so it is in fact a big deal to them

• @SlyGoat:

Stamina is a huge ground breaker for me when it comes to melee

• @Escadin:

@Escadin:

Well it would leave every archer with no stamina once someone comes into melee range.

Don’t take this to the extremes…

There would be no change from the current way, this drain is only after you hold the bow to the point when you undraw currently. It would just prevent early undrawing at the cost of some stamina.

It would be one shot if you are holding the arrow down for like 7-10 seconds.

• @Pasakoye:

@Escadin:

@Escadin:

Well it would leave every archer with no stamina once someone comes into melee range.

Don’t take this to the extremes…

There would be no change from the current way, this drain is only after you hold the bow to the point when you undraw currently. It would just prevent early undrawing at the cost of some stamina.

It would be one shot if you are holding the arrow down for like 7-10 seconds.

I like it that way