STARTMOVIECAPTURE command

• Has anyone tried this one and how did it work for you? I’d love to make a few gameplay videos but I absolutely hate to have to record my material with fraps while playing. I was hoping for a sort of replay/demo system built in the game but startmoviecapture doesn’t seem to work. All it does is drop my fps down to 5 and it doesn’t seem to save any files in the folder either. I don’t think it should be a problem with my hardware as I’m running on 2600K with 8gb ram and gtx560 ti.

Any input on this one?

• Does Chiv have the “demorec” command that most Unreal 3 games have? I’m too lazy to check at the moment ;)

• @ReMixx:

Does Chiv have the “demorec” command that most Unreal 3 games have? I’m too lazy to check at the moment ;)

Oh, seems I was too hasty while searching for a recording command earlier. Seems the config files do have traces of a possible demorec command. :) I didn’t find a list of commands only but I’ll try demorec later on, thanks.

• @Sienestaja:

Oh, seems I was too hasty while searching for a recording command earlier. Seems the config files do have traces of a possible demorec command. :) I didn’t find a list of commands only but I’ll try demorec later on, thanks.

Let us know if it works!

• I did a very quick test with demorec and it does indeed work. I don’t really have time for it today, so I’ll do further testing some other day. By default the camera is badly messed up when playing the demo. The camera is inside a player’s head with free look turned on. Also the weapon in hand wasn’t visible. I believe there is an option for changing the the camera perspective though. I’ll post an update after I had another look into this matter.

• @Sienestaja:

I did a very quick test with demorec and it does indeed work. I don’t really have time for it today, so I’ll do further testing some other day. By default the camera is badly messed up when playing the demo. The camera is inside a player’s head with free look turned on. Also the weapon in hand wasn’t visible. I believe there is an option for changing the the camera perspective though. I’ll post an update after I had another look into this matter.

Cool thanks! I know that someone posted in the master bug list thread that it wasn’t working correctly. So it will be good to compare your notes with his.

• The first replay I checked yesterday seemed fairly normal besides for the camera, and weapons were missing. Today I recorded another replay and it was VERY broken. all the buildings were missing and people were randomly glitching and gliding all over the place. From a quick try I couldn’t do anything about the camera either. For some reason UDKs command documentation online was password protected. Then again I didn’t bother with this much since the demo was so broken it could never be useful. I might try loading it up again later on to see if that changes anything.

• There are plenty of 3rd party programs you can try. You mentioned that you hate fraps, but there are tons of other programs that you can use. Camtasia is one. Bandicam, etc.

• @Suncross:

There are plenty of 3rd party programs you can try. You mentioned that you hate fraps, but there are tons of other programs that you can use. Camtasia is one. Bandicam, etc.

The problem isn’t with Fraps, I can record at 40-60fps on full hd to keep the game playable while recording. The problem is that even though I have the space for it, I don’t want to fill my hdd with video material that’s mostly… bad. I prefer having replays and and recording only the best bits, makes cutting a lot easier. Oh well if I can’t work with the demo files I’ll probably just end up recording while playing. It’s not like it’d be the first time I have to do that.
    However I really hope that the demo system would be fixed.

• Sorry for bumping/necroing this but is it actually possible to record your gameplay in this game? I would want to look over them and check where I went wrong for certain deaths etc. If so, how do it do it?

• I just use MSI Afterburner. Has very little effect on FPS and you can set the quality and compression so that the files are like 10GB = 1 hour instead of of FRAPS records 5 minutes per 4GB file.

• startmoviecapture is implemented and makes the game lag as fuck but for some reason it doesn’t create any files…

• What I found out now: Putting -dumpmovie -benchmark -fps 30 into your startoptions will make Chivalry render .bmps to your screenshots/Win32Console folder. This might be cool if you could trigger that ingame.

• If you want to record and don’t pay money for it then I would recommend trying out Dxtory. If you want to pay money for recording, get Fraps.

• @Skalli:

If you want to record and don’t pay money for it then I would recommend trying out Dxtory. If you want to pay money for recording, get Fraps.

Dude, I got fraps but I get not more then 15 fps with it in this game (on lowest settings). That’s why I search for a tool to record frame by frame.

• Bandicam. The lightest recorder I know of.
    Or MSI Afterburner for better quality.

• @Sienestaja:

The problem isn’t with Fraps, I can record at 40-60fps on full hd to keep the game playable while recording. The problem is that even though I have the space for it,

Did you try this solution

_m6-PDMIdn8