UNBALANCED 2H WEAPON SPEEDS

• I have noticed that 2handed weapon speeds are a bit unbalanced and not so right(patch stats),at least in some weapons.I can’t understand how the heavy double axe and poleaxe have more speed than a greatsword,for example.

The way I see it,a greatsword should have a slight increase in speed and double axe,with poleaxe should have the same speed with bardiche.I haven’t seen what speed a maul or a grand mace has yet but if the maul has similar speed to berdiche,it’s not right.

This is my opinion…I also want to know what is yours or if you have any suggestion.

*I saw warhammer speed and it’s ok.

• The heavy double axe is shorter. Physics says that the heavy shorter mass will have less distance to travel + gravity pulling on it = speedy.

• I absolutely agree. In fact I think all the weapon speeds for one and two handed varieties are woefully sluggish and obvious the developers completely buy into this entire nonsense that medieval weapons were immensely heavy. :(

Battle axes, mauls, war hammers and maces could be top heavy which is an entirely different matter concerning more of weapon balance and not the same as being unwieldy since none of these rendered ‘heavy’ weapons were actually more than five to eight pounds at the most extreme. ;)

• @ReMixx:

The heavy double axe is shorter. Physics says that the heavy shorter mass will have less distance to travel + gravity pulling on it = speedy.

…but you have to keep in mind it’s just the other way round, a sword’s center of mass is much closer to you than to the tip (usually only a few cm from the grip) while weapons like axes and maces have their center of mass quite close to the tip. So even a short 2h axe has it’s center of mass further out than a much longer 2h sword.

• @ReMixx:

The heavy double axe is shorter. Physics says that the heavy shorter mass will have less distance to travel + gravity pulling on it = speedy.

Well,what you say in terms of physics would be correct if I stood in a rooftop throwing it downwards.It’s not the same when you handle the weapon,because,for example,you swing it.Now,think…Is it the same…?