[SOLVED] failed to start 0xc000007b

• hi support
    i bought the game yesterday in steam and everything installed and downloaded correctly (tried it twice)
    when i want to start the game over the steam pannel nothing happens and if i try to run the UDK it gives me the error
    “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”

i tried to reinstall the c++ redist, even in different versions, but nothing happend.

plz help me, i wanna play the game ;)

my system

intel core i7-2630QM
    nvidia geforce gt540m
    4 gb ram

• @munterweger:

hi support
    i bought the game yesterday in steam and everything installed and downloaded correctly (tried it twice)
    when i want to start the game over the steam pannel nothing happens and if i try to run the UDK it gives me the error
    “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”

i tried to reinstall the c++ redist, even in different versions, but nothing happend.

plz help me, i wanna play the game ;)

If you run UE3Redist.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Redist, what happens?

• there is no data named that =S
    only two folders named “redistChiv” and “win32”

• @munterweger:

there is no data named that =S

Okay, try verifying the game cache in Steam. It sounds like it may not have downloaded the whole thing correctly.

• did it, but it showed that nothing is wrong. i reinstalled the game twice today. a friend of mine, who can play the game doesn’t have the data either.

• @munterweger:

did it, but it showed that nothing is wrong. i reinstalled the game twice today. a friend of mine, who can play the game doesn’t have the data either.

Can you search Windows for the UE3Redist.exe? It may be hiding in another location…

• nothing found on the entire system.

• @munterweger:

nothing found on the entire system.

Huh. That’s … not cool.

Do you have this folder? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries

• yes. it contains “RedistChiv” and “Win32” folders

• @munterweger:

yes. it contains “RedistChiv” and “Win32” folders

What is inside of RedistChiv?

• this

• Ah okay. That must be what comes with a different region distribution of the game. Can you please post a DxDiag.txt for us?

Edit:
    I clicked on the Launch.bat and it converted my Redist folder into the one that you have. Neat.

• here it is

• The DxDiag doesn’t show your nVidia card, so I can’t see what drivers it has. Does it have the latest drivers from nVidia? Your Intel HD drivers could be updated too while you’re at it.

Do you launch Chiv through Steam or from the UDK.exe?

Also, can you look into Event Viewer in Windows, under the Windows Logs and Application subcategory and find the error related to UDK and post its description here, please?

• Protokollname: System
    Quelle: Application Popup
    Datum: 23.11.2012 18:52:30
    Ereignis-ID: 26
    Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
    Ebene: Informationen
    Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
    Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
    Computer: DkVoyager
    Beschreibung:
    Anwendungspopup: UDK.exe - Anwendungsfehler: Die Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt gestartet werden (0xc000007b). Klicken Sie auf “OK”, um die Anwendung zu schließen.
    Ereignis-XML:
    <event xmlns=“http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event”>
    <system>
    <provider name=“Application Popup”>
    <eventid qualifiers=“16384”>26</eventid>
    <level>4</level>
    <task>0</task>
    <keywords>0x80000000000000</keywords>
    <timecreated systemtime=“2012-11-23T17:52:30.000000000Z”>
    <eventrecordid>29992</eventrecordid>
    <channel>System</channel>
    <computer>DkVoyager</computer>
    </timecreated></provider></system>
    <eventdata>
    <data>UDK.exe - Anwendungsfehler</data>
    <data>Die Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt gestartet werden (0xc000007b). Klicken Sie auf “OK”, um die Anwendung zu schließen.</data>
    </eventdata>
    </event>

• Hmmm ok so no .dll files are acting up. At least it’s different from the other errors popping up today ;) What happens if you try to run the game as administrator? Right click -> run as admin

• yeah the error is unique xD
    when i run it as admin, the same error appears

• Best solution I can offer: http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0xc000007b

I’m not sure how credible that website is, so check it out and use your best judgement.

• i even reinstalled my whole system….
    now i have another error xD

XINPUTI1_3.dll is missing

• @munterweger:

i even reinstalled my whole system….
    now i have another error xD

XINPUTI1_3.dll is missing

That one is fixable!!!

First try re-running DXSETUP.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown.

Report back if that works.