[SOLVED] Cannot load up game

• my problem is that when i start chivalry off steam it loads up with a blink of an update from steam and then closes, literally for less than a second and its all finished, POOF. i was wondering if you could help, i’m sure my computer can run it, i play loads of other games. I’ve tried playing on my desktop and laptop, but still same problem. i bought this game yesterday and haven’t played chivalry yet.

• Did it go through the first time setup properly? If so, can you post a Launch.log for us (found in Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs)? Also, can you please attach a DxDiag.txt so that we know what’s going on under the hood? That can be found by typing “dxdiag” without the quotes into the start menu search bar in Windows. Open the dxdiag.exe app, wait for the green progress bar to finish loading, and then click Save All Information to generate the DxDiag.txt.

• its never worked, ive never had a chance to play the game. i dont have a ‘mygames’ folder on my computer? and im sorry, im new. aha done that, here is the dxdiag.txt.

• I can’t check the version of your nVidia card drivers in there, is it up to date with the latest driver?

Also, the lack of the Chiv folder in My Games leads me to believe that it hasn’t run the first time setup correctly.

Please try verifying the game cache in Steam.

• im not sure, how do i find out if it is up to date?

i do this by going on chivalry>properties>local files>verify integrity of game cache?

• i have verified the cache in steam, still the same problem, loads up a steam update after allowing the steam client service, it just vanishes

• Do you have an UE3Redist.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Redist? Run it if you do.

• ive gone all the way through your steps, im now at 2 folders:

redistchiv. which contains:

AMD (folder)
    DXRedistCutdown (folder)
    vcredist_x64_vs2010sp1 (application)
    vcredist_x86_vs2010sp1 (application)

and then

Win32. witch contains:

appcache (folder)
    config (folder)
    then loads of random application extensions etc…

what do i click on ? how do i run it?

• @flooble:

ive gone all the way through your steps, im now at 2 folders:

redistchiv. which contains:

AMD (folder)
    DXRedistCutdown (folder)
    vcredist_x64_vs2010sp1 (application)
    vcredist_x86_vs2010sp1 (application)

and then

Win32. witch contains:

appcache (folder)
    config (folder)
    then loads of random application extensions etc…

what do i click on ? how do i run it?

Ok it seems that the latest patch converted the redistributable setup into that. In the Redistchiv folder, run both vcredist applications and then go into the DXRedist folder and run DXSETUP.exe.

• hey man

thanks very much, seems to have helped! i hope this helps others with this problem.

only problem!! very laggy ingame even though everythings on lowest quality :( waa

• @flooble:

hey man

thanks very much, seems to have helped! i hope this helps others with this problem.

only problem!! very laggy ingame even though everythings on lowest quality :( waa

Yay! I’m glad that it works! See you on the battlefield! :k1:

• I had the same problem, but this solved it for me to, ty !! :D

• @boldest:

I had the same problem, but this solved it for me to, ty !! :D

Yay! I’m glad that it works! See you on the battlefield! :k1: