Suggestion: HUD indicator to remind you what team you're on

• I think everyone will confess to having TK’ed on at least one occasion because they simply forgot what team they were on. This is especially easy to do on maps that have no clearly defined ‘ends’, or where the teams can easily swap ends. (ruins, stoneshillvillage)

At the moment there are very few (if any at all) visual clues on the HUD to indicate your team.

A few ideas:

• A simple red/blue semi-transparent area around the health/stamina bars
    • A team emblem in the top right corner.
    • A different visual queue for when you do cause team damage.
    • More pronounced flashing on the character arms/hands depicting the team colour.

• I like audio queues for team damage, personally, but that’d be a whole lot of new voice work. Not sure how you could display it visually without breaking immersion.

• @TehJumpingJawa:

I think everyone will confess to having TK’ed on at least one occasion because they simply forgot what team they were on. This is especially easy to do on maps that have no clearly defined ‘ends’, or where the teams can easily swap ends. (ruins, stoneshillvillage)

At the moment there are very few (if any at all) visual clues on the HUD to indicate your team.

A few ideas:

• A simple red/blue semi-transparent area around the health/stamina bars
    • A team emblem in the top right corner.
    • A different visual queue for when you do cause team damage.
    • More pronounced flashing on the character arms/hands depicting the team colour.

I haven’t, and I don’t get how it happens. You spawn surrounded by at least 3 teammembers…you run at least 20m with them to the battle so how in the world can you not know who your enemy is? Also you can see it depending on your spawn location (with the handful maps everyone knows every spawn at rank 10 or so). Players treat you VERY different if you are an enemy or not…can’t remember when I looked longer than 4 sec straight at a friendly…or you can see it on your own arms…

…I could go on and on and I don’t think it’s needed.

• It might be more like when you always join the same team. Like myself, I always join Mason. Once in awhile I go on Agatha and I’m so used to killing blue, that it just kicks in… To kill Agatha! But I get over it quickly enough… So yeah, it happens >.>

But I’m all for it, as long as it’s very minor and doesn’t take away from the whole scheme.

• I’ll admit, I got autobalanced last night and didn’t see the message. I ended up team killing a guy before even realizing I was blue.